Podcasts

Jesser04

Is anyone listening to anything good? I'm not a big fan of morning shows but I like cold case type stuff. My brother in law recommend serial I've been listening the last couple days. It's about a kid who got convicted of murdering his high school girlfriend in 99 he is serving a life sentence. It's pretty interesting I'm on episode 8 I'll put the link below for the 1st episode.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/serial/id917918570?mt=2&i=319686008

nnnnnate

I've got 2 episodes to listen to of Serial. I've really enjoyed it, made putting up Christmas lights a few weeks ago tolerable. I use Pocket Casts (link) on my Android. I was listening to a lot of streaming music but thought I'd try and find some content that I could learn stuff from. I did that for a while but gravitated more towards story telling style podcasts. I don't have the attention span to listen to a story and work so I mainly listen while walking to lunch or taking my dog for a walk. When I know I have a longer drive I'll download a bunch and have another option while on the road.

I'll list and link some of the ones I consistently listen to.

Serial- Good true detective drama
The Moth
- these are refined, real life stories told by people normal people. This was one of the first podcasts I started listening to.
Selected Shorts - story telling time for adults, well written short story fiction read by actors
The Truth- this is like radio before TV, multi character stories with sound effects, its really fun.
Fresh Air- really good interviews
Tiny Desk Concerts- I learned that T-Pain has a really good voice and doesn't need auto tune. (The Year in Tiny Desk Concerts, I actually just listened to a bunch of this this morning at work.)

Jesser04

I will look in to those when I'm done with serial. What's your take on it do you think adnan did it? One think they haven't touched on that I keep getting hung up on is her car did they find any DNA in the trunk? I can't help but think If you left a dead body in the car for a few hours there would be some type of bodily fluid. So far unless I missed it she hasn't even brought it up. If they did find DNA in the trunk that take any question out of jay's story.

Last edited:

nnnnnate

I think it was Jay. Its been super entertaining and I've been trying to find uninterrupted blocks of 60 minutes to continue listening.

None of the podcasts that I linked are in a series like Serial that need to be listened to sequentially. They stand on their own and are great for filling in smaller chunks of time.

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
The truck show podcast is pretty good if you get past the annoying jungles and sound bites