Pool table setup?

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I've had a company in midvale do mine a couple times, wasn't overly expensive they also moved it for me. Always nice and level, had them do the felt last time as well. No complaints

I can dig around for the business card if you're interested.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I've had a company in midvale do mine a couple times, wasn't overly expensive they also moved it for me. Always nice and level, had them do the felt last time as well. No complaints

I can dig around for the business card if you're interested.

I had Advanced Billiards do it for me in my other house. They are $275. It’s worth a shot to me to set it up myself for that much. Calling around, that’s not a bad rate at all

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
My dad recently tried to get 3 different companies to do it and couldn't get anybody to show up. Ended up getting the wax and did the felt himself

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I do!
I had to learn for our last install (a pool clubhouse) because I couldn't get any shop to show up. I have the steamer, stapler, beeswax and everything!
It's time consuming and fiddly! Especially on a 2 piece slate but it turned out SO good.

mbryson

Supporting Member
...and you're conveniently located. I got some beeswax yesterday from Quality Billiards at about 1800 S state (east side of road--very nice showroom). My table is a 3 piece so it's likely going to take a little fiddling and a few wedges. When I pulled the table apart to move it, there were only 3-4 wedges in it. Hopefully I can get it back to that point? We'll have to see :D What's your availability if I pull my last few hairs out? (this is a LOW priority project as I'm still putting in a yard but something I can do when I get cleaned up from yard junk after dark... I'd like my table back---Other LOW priority project is my dungeon room where my hobbies sit. I'll need to have a "clean" area for computer fixing, other area that has solvents and oils for projectile launcher devices and maybe a desk area?)

y4mmwiSFU4x7YhZx5hdU22oe31j8a0caOXqMdjBikLTK5_IS9KdtMuGf-wqDca5u068IMKWOaUh-1n6kgci8RiyIRXPkpa07Uo8bynzf_9TOsiXIlPf__k83MQO5c4ct23uof0-wvwNA7HVb1CT9ndm7QjiTpy8Ts4kvufU7iprCepJ2P3TWA2w1NrpkWnnZVdShU_Qt8qyA1C3_nHhWtwinw

Last edited:

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
That looks pretty trashy, sorry pet peeve of mine. When you hang the TV’ s in the new place, spend an extra hour to do it right!

...and you're conveniently located. I got some beeswax yesterday from Quality Billiards at about 1800 S state (east side of road0--very nice showroom). My table is a 3 piece so it's likely going to take a little fiddling and a few wedges. When I pulled the table apart to move it, there were only 3-4 wedges in it. Hopefully I can get it back to that point? We'll have to see :D What's your availability if I pull my last few hairs out? (this is a LOW priority project as I'm still putting in a yard but something I can do when I get cleaned up from yard junk after dark... I'd like my table back---Other LOW priority project is my dungeon room where my hobbies sit. I'll need to have a "clean" area for computer fixing, other area that has solvents and oils for projectile launcher devices and maybe a desk area?)

y4mmwiSFU4x7YhZx5hdU22oe31j8a0caOXqMdjBikLTK5_IS9KdtMuGf-wqDca5u068IMKWOaUh-1n6kgci8RiyIRXPkpa07Uo8bynzf_9TOsiXIlPf__k83MQO5c4ct23uof0-wvwNA7HVb1CT9ndm7QjiTpy8Ts4kvufU7iprCepJ2P3TWA2w1NrpkWnnZVdShU_Qt8qyA1C3_nHhWtwinw

Attachments

• 9B8F437B-1CEF-4705-A905-FBDC45C62108.jpeg
    9B8F437B-1CEF-4705-A905-FBDC45C62108.jpeg
    23.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 1C4554CA-3253-4D4A-9A57-FA1C5D3CE26D.jpeg
    1C4554CA-3253-4D4A-9A57-FA1C5D3CE26D.jpeg
    29 KB · Views: 29

mbryson

Supporting Member
Well, I didn’t get much done in the yard today but the slate is leveled now.

image.jpg

I was swearing a little trying to just level the center section. This guy says to just torque all your pieces in place, then level from there. Worked excellent for me. I’m sure there’s quite a few ways to do this but I think I’m happy with the level. Kind of glaring to roll a ball on slate. It never stops . It seems good though. I’ll wax my seams tomorrow and see where I get to? Then felt