Porting a YJ steering box

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Super Moderator
Yup, the 1.5 inch ram will turn faster. Technically, it will also have less power, but it should still have more than enough. There are three modifications you can do to your pump to increase the pressure and speed. I only did one of them and am amazed at the difference. I think the two inch ram will end up being fast enough. Probably the only time I can turn the wheel faster than the ram will turn is at idle speed, it should be just as fast as me when I'm on the gas.

Caleb

Possibly...
Super Moderator
Supporting Vendor
Originally posted by Jeremy
linky no work. I got denied. You think the 1.5 ram will turn faster?
like Braden said, it will turn faster...most guys use a 1.5"x 8" ram for thier steering systems...what do they charge for just the ram??? maybe I should give them a call on monday...:p

Caleb

Possibly...
Super Moderator
Supporting Vendor
thanks...that will help...does anyone know off hand what size the dill and tap are...I need to do mine this week hopefully...

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Originally posted by supergper
thanks...that will help...does anyone know off hand what size the dill and tap are...I need to do mine this week hopefully...
Me too. I plan on running the Ram that RockLogic has, so I just plan on asking them when I call. :cool:

RockMonkey said:
Yup, the 1.5 inch ram will turn faster. Technically, it will also have less power, but it should still have more than enough. There are three modifications you can do to your pump to increase the pressure and speed. I only did one of them and am amazed at the difference. I think the two inch ram will end up being fast enough. Probably the only time I can turn the wheel faster than the ram will turn is at idle speed, it should be just as fast as me when I'm on the gas.
OK - you've been helpful with the porting stuff, do tell on the pump mods!

Looks great Braden.
Scott