Power Steering

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Does anyone know a good place to pick up a power steering system for a TOY? I already have a box I just need pump, res, hoses and what ever brackets if any. I'm not sure what all is required for it because I've never seen the set up.

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
Well I guess it's my turn.14 view and no replies..that sucks.
You will have to go to a J-yard that actually has some toyotas. Not P&P. sorry. You will need the power steering box mount that goes to the frame. It is a different pattern to the box but the same to the frame. Get the pump and all the brackets and you will be ok. It will be a bolt in. the frame will be drilled for it and so will the block. REALLY easy to do. Just kinda time consuming. Maybee 5-6 hours your first time. Make sure you have some REALLY long extentions for ther bolts on the frame on the fenderwell side. Maybee a pivot too. If you want for a few $ I can throw it in for you in a day. Assuming you have all the goodies.
Oh and it is push pull steering :)

DToy

Japanese Auto Wrecking in Lehi has several Toys and they usually give me a pretty good deal. Keep your eyes open in the classifieds too, I see toys that people are parting out fairly frequently.