Dodge Power Wagon build (x2)

xjtony

Thanks for all the input guys. Kind of how I was leaning as well. It's going in my kids truck so we are going to do it right. I checked today and pistons and rings are available off the shelf up to .060 overbore. Everything else looks really good other than a little surface rust here and there. To the machine shop we go!

xjtony

The plan is slowly coming together. I still have some fittings and little stuff to install it but it's going to look cool!
20220422_143712_HDR.jpg
20220422_144013_HDR.jpg

I still need to wrap the headers and build a 2.5 inch exhaust, but I now have most of the stuff needed for the engine part of the build. The axle swap, suspension, Atlas and 5 speed swap will all kind of happen together, but that will probably wait until we get the block back for my son's truck and get it built.

Last edited:

xjtony

Got to spend a little time in the garage today. After a TON of grinding (as you can see by the dust everywhere) the D60 is cleaned up from the truss and the 4 link stuff. I am getting lucky with this one. Placing the leaf perch in the same spot as the cast in one I end up within 1/4 inch of where the leafs will fall in their stock location.
20220424_113531_HDR.jpg
I still need to rebuild the kingpins, install the new hi steer arms and hardware and rebuild the knuckles but it's close to ready to mock up under the truck

xjtony

Well my kid and one of his friends got the old 318 out of his truck, stripped everything out of the engine bay and got it painted and ready for the new block. They asked a few questions but overall did it by themselves. He even organized all the hardware in bags. It's nice when you see your kid has picked up some of the things that you've taught them over the years. Unfortunately my garage looks like a homeless hurricane hit, so he picked that up too lol
20220430_193432_HDR.jpg
20220430_193428_HDR.jpg

xjtony

Lots of stuff coming together for both trucks.
20220513_160155.jpg
Got the block and heads back from Hunter Machine. Bored .060 over. Heads are completely rebuilt, new pistons and rings. Just waiting on the bearings and it can start going back together.
20220513_101046_HDR.jpg
Ran down to GJ last weekend to pick up a bed for my son's truck and came home with a set of doors that are much less rusty than mine.