Progressive Springs

stimmie

So earlier today I dropped my KJ struts off at a local tire shop. Had them break down my old struts and install new springs and struts with the old Strut mounts. I just started putting on my lift spacers and got looking at the springs. I’ve never done a lift so I don’t know, but I thought the tighter coiled spring goes at the top not the bottom. Also, makes sense that the logo/writing wouldn’t be upside down when installed on the vehicle right? Any help here? Am I another day behind on this project?D8840F0B-8DF0-46C2-8D5A-CFDD6935DFBA.jpeg

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Went down a rabbit hole, some people say tighter coils at the bottom, some say tighter coils at the top, and then some people say it doesn't matter. :shawn:

I guess it's one of those do whatever makes you happy things. ;)

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
If the inner profile of the springs is the same top and bottom (i.e they fit properly in the mounts), then I can't see a reason why it'd matter. As long as everything fits and clears, run it!

stimmie

So basically this is one of those six of one half dozen of the other things.... I’ll just leave them how they are then. At least I got the rear done tonight. 7BEBE508-B0A0-4BFC-BC34-24D6F4AF750E.jpeg

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
If the inner profile of the springs is the same top and bottom (i.e they fit properly in the mounts), then I can't see a reason why it'd matter. As long as everything fits and clears, run it!
This. If the buckets on the struts don't dictate installation, run it as is and enjoy. The last ones I tore down were very specific which way they went together, so if the shop is competent and did both sides the same, its likley assembled correctly.