Project: Cheap! But still OK.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
I suppose I should mention--it's a 1996, 4.3 automatic.
So it has been a while, but I am pretty sure I have a bunch of 4.3 stuff, (gaskets, belts, starter, hoses, brackets, etc) I can contribute to the cause if you are interested. I don't think I will ever run a 4.3 again. (Left over from back in the day when Clay ran a 4.3 in his 05 buggy.)

Let me know if you are interested/curious and I will go take some pictures.

(This stuff is at a different location than me)

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
So it has been a while, but I am pretty sure I have a bunch of 4.3 stuff, (gaskets, belts, starter, hoses, brackets, etc) I can contribute to the cause if you are interested. I don't think I will ever run a 4.3 again. (Left over from back in the day when Clay ran a 4.3 in his 05 buggy.)

Let me know if you are interested/curious and I will go take some pictures.

(This stuff is at a different location than me)
Yes, parts sound good! And will probably be needed, so.....yeah. Thanks! (and no rush)

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Yes, parts sound good! And will probably be needed, so.....yeah. Thanks! (and no rush)
I am just happy they are going to a good home. :D

I will get them picked up and figure how to get them to you or even Hickey. I am pretty sure he owes you a favor or 10. :spork:

Bart

I suppose I should mention--it's a 1996, 4.3 automatic.
Depending on how it runs, that looks like a ton of body work that has been done. As long as the bondo is not deep, the body looks decent., or will you be scrapping the body also.?

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I assume you're going to install one of those 4-linkage suspensions?

With that, real beadlockers and a warren winch, this thing will be quite swanky!
No to the 4-linkage! The rest....yes. 😁
Depending on how it runs, that looks like a ton of body work that has been done. As long as the bondo is not deep, the body looks decent., or will you be scrapping the body also.?
It's a ton of body work done wrong....even by my standards. Mostly it's just been sanded until ugly. The bondo that exists needs to be mostly sanded away. 😟
If you paint it I'm going to be soooo pissed.
It will definitely get paint. But it will be something like Rust-oleum applied with a roller. 💩

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
What wheel base are you going to end up with?

I just realized with that set up and solid front axle you would have a pretty killer expo/crawling rig... :D

(at first I thought you would lose the bed and build a truggy)

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
What wheel base are you going to end up with?

I just realized with that set up and solid front axle you would have a pretty killer expo/crawling rig... :D

(at first I thought you would lose the bed and build a truggy)
It starts at about 107....so 110-112ish?
And yes, that thought has crossed my mind. 🙂

Pile of parts

Your Jeep looks great.

I'm kinda anti-spray though, since it gets everywhere. Or if I do, I'll have to do it outside or something.
Thanks. It's good from afar but far from a good. Keeps the rust at bay. Yes, I would spray far away from anything you care about- make a makeshift paint booth. Orange over spray was everywhere!