Project Fauxverlander 200 Series Land Cruiser Build Thread

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
It's different when you don't feel it come out of your own pocket ;)

Oh it all comes out of the same pocket :D

I do stand by the fact I don't think 100's and 200's belong in places where lockers are generally needed :D Obviously there are many many caveats to such a bold statement but I've rarely found myself wishing I had a locker in the 100, like 2 or 3 times. It was those few times that led me to put a locker in the rear of the 200.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Catching up on this thread :D

Not my 200 (which makes it funner to push hard right?) but @sleeoffroad, Ben from Slee and I joined ARB and a handful of their tech/sales staff for a new product training and demo day. Ironically I think Christo and I have the first two BP-51's setups in the US (I installed mine in Oct 2015). It was good to see a closer look at some of the new internal mods, discuss rebuilds and tuning, etc. Plus doing this over and over is always fun.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
We also do this pretty well :D

img_4625-jpg.1837207

Tacos! We've been hitting this taco join religiously for about a decade

img_4622-jpg.1837208

The Fauxverlander aka Chase 3 getting work done as Nakaya and I get in the race 200

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Suspension update. Still love it!

My BP-51 is one of the oldest installs to date, over 3 years old now, lots of flogging and still comfortable and compliant. I did add some trim spacers front and rear and a larger set of General X3's right before departing for the B1K. My loads have changed, I wanted taller tires and it was time to recharge the Nitrogen in the shocks. I topped off everything to 300psi, made some small rebound/compression tweaks and we hit the road south.

I've still got a great deal of things to install but it's totally workable at currently I want to finalize my electrical as I'd like a few more outlets at the rear drawers and the dual batteries are still lingering on completion. I've also got plans to do a Long Range tank shortly. Time... anyone have some spare time?

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Suspension update. Still love it!

My BP-51 is one of the oldest installs to date, over 3 years old now, lots of flogging and still comfortable and compliant. I did add some trim spacers front and rear and a larger set of General X3's right before departing for the B1K. My loads have changed, I wanted taller tires and it was time to recharge the Nitrogen in the shocks. I topped off everything to 300psi, made some small rebound/compression tweaks and we hit the road south.

I've still got a great deal of things to install but it's totally workable at currently I want to finalize my electrical as I'd like a few more outlets at the rear drawers and the dual batteries are still lingering on completion. I've also got plans to do a Long Range tank shortly. Time... anyone have some spare time?
I’m down to help with time...