Project Red Bronco

Badbuggy

rock star
I didn't get a before picture. But this project came to me after the owner had pulled the engine and stripped alot of parts. It had been started as a rebuild of a great classic early Bronco. The dust, and bird poo on the truck showed it had been sitting for a while. The owner tells me it had been built and re-built several times over the years. It had a lot of great parts, and ideas, but since it had been built several times, it had some ideas that did not work well together. The first thing I did was take out the 3 inch body lift. The Bronco sat up too tall. It had very cut fenders and cleared the 39 inch tires with ease. The next thing I did was cut off the home built bumper. It had served it's time, saving the grill over the years, but was too close to the body, was not going to work with what I had planned. On to the pictures.
PA150014.jpg

PA150015.jpg

PA150016.jpg

PA150017.jpg

Badbuggy

rock star
I sat an old 302 block in the bay and started working on making the TB injection and tall intake get under the hood without cutting a hole in it.
PA160026.jpg

PA160024.jpg

PA150008.jpg

The motormounts would have to be dropped 1 1/2 inches down to make it happen.
PA160032.jpg

And through the magic of the internet.... done
PA220001.jpg

Badbuggy

rock star
The newer much large fuel tank would go back in the stock location. Done
PA170003.jpg

The new core support, which I would later change, but oh well
PA170006.jpg

access panel above the tank, we will need that later
PA170001.jpg

core support in, new headlight process done
PA170007.jpg

PA170008.jpg

PA170010.jpg

brackets for the headlights
PA170014.jpg

Badbuggy

rock star
Thanks, I am just about to catch up with the pictures and where the project stands now.
I dimple die cut some sheet and welded into the two bar system coming down to the fender and the rear bumper. There will be a bulkhead above the rear wheels, that will keep the rain and snow out, and give the owner a place for his dogs to ride along.

PA260009.jpg

PA260008.jpg

PA260015.jpg

Badbuggy

rock star
I hung the headlights upside down off the new core support tube. A wrench loosens the nut and lets you move them up and down, left and right. They will be pretty bright, but the plan is to adjust them down, and add another set on the new bumper that will serve as the high beams. Legal? probably not, but it will not be driven at night on the roads much.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Awesome Jeff!!! That looks amazing.

Is it for you or Shelby or just a build for a customer?

Man I wish I was closer, I'd like to hang out in your shop and watch this build. (Along with the other things you put together :D)