Land Rover Project: Sexy Back: Love is in the Eye of the beholder.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
Installed.........

Pictures coming tomorrow.

Next is the front shaft........................

But I will be having Tom Woods build my next front shaft. My homemade one has been working, but I'm sure its out of balance. ha ha

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
Tucking a 33x12.5x15. Ahh yeah. Engine is done. Gotta figure out why reverse isn’t working now on the 700R4. Just installed a full manual reverse shift kit in it hmmm

45281068_10156071796315028_4356698603247370240_o.jpg

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
Finally figured out my death wobble issue. The panhard bar bushings are dead. I just ordered new polybushings. Should be here in a few days.

The ones that are in there now were new two years ago. It hasn't even been driven 1000 miles since then. Somehow the originals lasted 192K miles without being replaced.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Finally figured out my death wobble issue. The panhard bar bushings are dead. I just ordered new polybushings. Should be here in a few days.

The ones that are in there now were new two years ago. It hasn't even been driven 1000 miles since then. Somehow the originals lasted 192K miles without being replaced.

I'd be willing to bet the originals were rubber, not poly.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
The originals were rubber. I replaced the originals with rubber. I think the new rubber was not the same as the original.

Decided to order some new poly bushings for the panhard. I'll give those a shot, if they end up dying I might go to heim-joints.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
The originals were rubber. I replaced the originals with rubber. I think the new rubber was not the same as the original.

Decided to order some new poly bushings for the panhard. I'll give those a shot, if they end up dying I might go to heim-joints.

Ah, gotcha...when you mentioned ordering poly, I assumed your first replacements were also poly--which would explain the short life. Obviously not all rubber bushings are created equally either.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
Ah, gotcha...when you mentioned ordering poly, I assumed your first replacements were also poly--which would explain the short life. Obviously not all rubber bushings are created equally either.

I have poly bushings in my radius arms, and they haven't worn out. I've used poly on a few land rovers over the years and they seems to last alright. And they are cheap enough if you can buy from the source in the UK. I can get stuff in two days with my supplier.