Project Skuggy

Corban_White

Well, it's been a while and I have gotten quite a bit of work done but I don't have too many pics 'cause it is always dark when I finish up for the night! We decided to rewire the whole Scout which was very satisfying! going from 32+ year old, half melted, insufficient gauge wiring to nice, new, higher gauge, more fuses, all soldered and heat-shrunk wiring is a great feeling. :greg:
Old wiring:

IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1176.jpg

Built some bumpers (not quite finished in these pics):

IMG_1127.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1132.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

Corban_White

Got the dash in and painted the scout. It's not a great paint job but the ghost grey military surplus paint was pretty old as is the body on the scout. :D The main reason we painted it was for rust prevention.

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1169.jpg

IMG_1172.jpg

IMG_1174.jpg

IMG_1166.jpg

IMG_1167.jpg

IMG_1168.jpg

That's all the pics I have for now, we got a new windshield frame in MUCH better shape than our old one which is now painted and will be installed after work today and then Jones will come out to install the glass and it'll be time to see if it passes emissions! :eek:

Corban_White

Well, I don't have any pics but the scuggy is done! (at least until January:D) We sprayed the top with black bedliner, got all the door panels installed, shifter cover plate installed, back seat, seat belts, windshield, steering wheel, new radiator, 37s etc. It passed emissions with flying colors and inspection with less than flying colors (but hey, passed is passed) and is being used as a DD in SLC right now. In the near future are tube fenders, OBA and a rear tire carrier.

Corban_White

I found a few pics before we put the top and grill on but after the tire swap and the install of the interior pieces. For your viewing pleasure:

IMG_1182.jpg

IMG_1181.jpg

IMG_1183.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg

Sorry for the lame flex pics, I was trying to check tire clearance and those ramps and the curb were the best thing i could come up with for an unregistered/uninsured vehicle. :D

Meat_

Banned
Well, I don't have any pics but the scuggy is done! (at least until January:D) We sprayed the top with black bedliner, got all the door panels installed, shifter cover plate installed, back seat, seat belts, windshield, steering wheel, new radiator, 37s etc. It passed emissions with flying colors and inspection with less than flying colors (but hey, passed is passed) and is being used as a DD in SLC right now. In the near future are tube fenders, OBA and a rear tire carrier.

:cool:

Corban_White

No kidding-the last 3 weeks of working on it the scout took over my life! It feels good to be psudo finished. I will make sure to take some good pics when it is back down here to get the tube fenders fabbed. It looks pretty cool with the black top on. :D

Last edited:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I like the exhaust hole right above a rust hole!

Looks good.. True about the bedliner and fresh paint..