Isuzu Project: Stratotrooper

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Phase I:

I got the Trooper back yesterday afternoon from the shop and here was the verdict: the head bolts had not been torqued properly! The machine shop agreed that it was their fault, so they covered the repair. So while I'm not terribly happy with their work, at least they are acting like stand up people and I can respect that.

Since it’s the dead of winter, I don't have much planned as far as working on it at the moment. I'll be daily driving it and making sure that everything runs right; but that’s about it until it warms up (is it spring yet?).

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
It is beyond frustrating to pay people to work on things and have to troubleshoot their screw ups. I am seriously thinking about opening a shop. I am not that fantastic a mechanic but seeing what shops charge $100 per hour for makes me think I might be underestimating my ability.

Glad you got it figured out and the shop made good on their error. Hopefully your rebuild is like my 6.0. After it was actually up and running, it's been great.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
So, is this thing running well now? Good enough to throw some miles on it, in preparation for Summer Exploration Season?

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Phase II:

Well, someone backed into me this morning, so I guess that means I need to build a new bumper…

45984098865_e1436c7178_h.jpg

45984099115_a394fc65ac_h.jpg

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Well, sadly Project: Stratotrooper is hold. Why you ask? Because:
40193526163_3ed4c958a9_b.jpg

Surgeon says that I have to stay 100% non-weight bearing for 12 weeks. And after that, still pretty minimal. Full recovery could take 6 months to a year.

So its web wheeling for me!

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Damn! 3 months? You'll have to learn how to walk all over again. What happened?

I was skiing last Friday at Nordic Valley (little tiny resort by Pineview). Conditions were quite slushy. On my fourth run I avoided some skied out chunky slush, caught an edge, and tumbled pretty good. Looked down and my foot was about 75 degrees in the wrong direction. Ended up at Ogden Valley Regional Medical Center, where they determined that I had fractured my lower fibula and tibia in 12 places and had a few cracks in my ankle joint, but fortunately no breaks.

Three hours of surgery later I now have a steel rod from just below my knee to above by ankle, a steel plate on my tibia, and about 14 titanium screws. The surgeon said that the break looked more like a car or motorcycle accident than a skiing accident. Go big or go home, I say!

So yeah, I'll get to relearn how to walk again. So looking forward to that. And I'll tell you what, crutches suck!

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I take it you probably can’t use one of the little scooter things? I have a basically new one you’re welcome to have if it is something you can use.

View attachment 118486

I can’t quite yet. I have a follow up appointment with the surgeon on March 4th. At that point I’ll find out if I can use a knee scooter. I’m hoping she clears me for that. If so I’ll definitely hit you up! Thanks.

Bart

Wow, that sucks. Best wishes on healing and getting better. I used to run gates at Nordic Valley way back in the day. Fun night skiing and race training for a little resort.