Back from the beyond
And then......?

not feeling like going slow right now;)

005-14-1.jpg

springtime

Last edited by a moderator:

GOAT

Back from the beyond
AAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh, I'm speechless. Did that replace the Mini? I love Porsches.

I wish. We still have the mini, but I've finally achieved enough seniority to get a company car. Jenn sent me a text message on the first day she drove it to work:

"God help me i love this car"

:rofl::rofl:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I wish. We still have the mini, but I've finally achieved enough seniority to get a company car. Jenn sent me a text message on the first day she drove it to work:

"God help me i love this car"

:rofl::rofl:

Damn, good for you Marcus! My 'company car' sucks... big, heavy and slow. :(

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Damn, good for you Marcus! My 'company car' sucks... big, heavy and slow. :(

Thanks greg, it took eight years to get there but it was totally worth the wait. After a hair raising trip home from the jazz game wednesday, I gave the porsche back.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
That must have been one hell of a hair raising experience in order to give it back. Okay, you put it out there...What happened?

Couldn't see out of it and people were everywhere. Someone crashed into one of my coworkers demo leaving the same game. It also has summer ultra performance tires and because of that, the ABS was on during 75% of drive home.

Don't get me wrong, I loved driving it when the weather was nice. We blasted up and down parleys like a rocket and couldn't stop smiling the whole time. I just didn't want to worry about it every time i parked.

I almost took a 07' Z06 home, but sanity prevailed.

Where do you work? One of my neighbors is a partner in a company that has a porche like that for employees.

I work for large auto dealership. We get to choose a vehicle off the lot and drive it for up to 30 days.

You gave it back?????

But congrats on getting to that next level!! :D

Yep, regretfully so. I am currently driving something completely impractical now that it's snowing :ugh:

GOAT

Back from the beyond
On the subject of the build. I have started to make my new TODO list in order to get this thing running. I also started it up and drove down the street, much to the surprise of the neighbors:p

Here's the bare essential list:

Battery&Box
Coilsprings
Radiator
Brake lines
Exhaust

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Inadvertently began buying parts for the jeep yesterday. Found some Hella 500 and 500FF at walmart and paid $7.00 for a $80.00 light. Walked out with both for $15.00. Not bad for impulse shopping.

Probably put a pair on the mini:D

011-5.jpg

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Are those lights seriously $15 at wally world? Damn...

They were, haven't seen them since. I paid 7.00 a pair. my buddy had just bought three pair at 13.00 each and told me about the deal, so we walked back over to wally world to see if any were left. when we got there, the lady doing the markdown knocked another 50% off while i was standing there.

feels good to be a gangsta:D