Badger

I am the Brute squad
something faster:)
38760_420796667730_275321697730_4571939_352075_n.jpg

I have been thinking along the same lines. I love offroading but I also like fast cars why not join the two. I have always loved Rally but there was nothing in my area as well. Ever since moving out here I was hoping to go catch a few rallies but never really got started in looking around. I know there is no big rallies here like WRC but you are saying you have found some grass roots?

GOAT

Back from the beyond
HMM, bring me a 04-06 WRX non-sti and we're good. I can get these at wholesale for a pretty good price, so I'm trying to stay realistic on the jeeps value.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Just wondering, why non-sti? What is left on the jeep to be finished?

An sti will put me in an unlimited class raciing the likes of ken block and others with unlimited budgets, subsequently handing my *ss to me. :rofl:

The hard stuff is done. Mainly finish work. Brake lines, panels (have templates), assist, paint. There is some work to do, but nothing too bad.

Evolved

Less-Known Member
I finally got a chance to take a break from work and update y'all on "2nd Hand Goat". Updates will probably be few and far between but I will do my best (not that good at remembering to take pics and things). I dont even let my Mama know whats going on in my life...

So far I have been ordering parts and lining things up so when work slows down progress will begin on the Jeep. I have decided to go a different route on a few things than Marcus was doing. I have sold the 42's and the beadlocks he had purchased. I ran a set of aluminum wheels with a staun double beadlock in my old buggy and really liked them so I am going to run the same thing in this Jeep. Downsized to a red label 39 inch Krawler. Same thing, I ran a set of stickies on my old buggy and once you run a sticky you really cant go back. I sold the Corbeau recliners and went with a fixed back Corbeau. I didnt want to mess with a recliner, plus there wasnt a ton of room to recline anyway. Selling the old (new) seats funded almost the whole purchase of the new seats, harnesses and pads. Selling the wheels and tires more than funded the new wheels, stauns, and tires. I still had some left over to purchase a selectable locker and compressor from Alljeep.com (thanks Ryan)

Here is the pile-o-parts that are currently making my living room look like... an adult candy store!
parts.jpg

RCI 15 gallon fuel cell
Gen Right fuel cell ring (to run stock fuel setup)
Ballistic Battery Box
Corbeau Seats, Harnesses and Pads
Radiator
Flex-a-lite Fan
Cans for the air bumps I already have
Spike tube ends from Ballistic

Here are the wheels...
kmcxd_enduro_b_ci3_l.jpg
Arriving this week are the wheels, stauns, full PSC hydro steering setup, Optima red top, and later this month will be the Yukon Zip locker (the warranty sold me!), and the compressor. I have a very very good feeling I will be getting new PIAA lights for V-Day tomorrow.

to be continued...