Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Awesome, glad to see this build continue, thanks for making it live on.

It'll be fun to see how you put your own touches on the TJ and make it yours... keep the updates coming!

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I love this TJ!!!!! Andy Im stoked to get out and wheel with you again. Your locker and compressor should be here by the end of the week.......make sure you keep us updated with plenty of pictures.........

Evolved

Less-Known Member
Here is a little bit of a half ass'd update for everyone.

The "goat" has spent some time alone the last few months dreaming of Moab. However, last week my buddy Shaun was able to spend some time on it. I hung out at his garage this weekend and took some pictures of his fab progress. Here is a short list of the love it has received in the past few days; bump cans, a floor for the "bed", a new radiator and electric fan, and a full hydro system from PSC. A few weeks back I cut out the floor of the cab to clean things up a little and mount the seats a little lower (I only had about an inch of clearance before I smashed my dome). Here are a few crappy cell phone pics.
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

I should have it back by the end of the week, then it goes to get new exhaust. After that it will go to get the front axle stuffed. Slowly but surely...

Here is a peek at Shauns 3-ish seater that he has been building for a while. This pic is a bit older, he has since finished all of the body panels, 90% of the suspension, most of the hydro steering and all of the cab floor/dash panels. It's pretty sick
4.jpg

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Here is a little bit of a half ass'd update for everyone.

The "goat" has spent some time alone the last few months dreaming of Moab. However, last week my buddy Shaun was able to spend some time on it. I hung out at his garage this weekend and took some pictures of his fab progress. Here is a short list of the love it has received in the past few days; bump cans, a floor for the "bed", a new radiator and electric fan, and a full hydro system from PSC. A few weeks back I cut out the floor of the cab to clean things up a little and mount the seats a little lower (I only had about an inch of clearance before I smashed my dome). Here are a few crappy cell phone pics.
View attachment 71960View attachment 71961View attachment 71962

I should have it back by the end of the week, then it goes to get new exhaust. After that it will go to get the front axle stuffed. Slowly but surely...

Here is a peek at Shauns 3-ish seater that he has been building for a while. This pic is a bit older, he has since finished all of the body panels, 90% of the suspension, most of the hydro steering and all of the cab floor/dash panels. It's pretty sick
View attachment 71963

Delays: Ownership of the "goat" requires a complete lifestyle change. I found it will eat your soul if allowed:rofl:

Evolved

Less-Known Member
I truely apologize to everyone that was following this build... Between work and trying to meet a Memorial day deadline I had zero time to take pictures and update this thread on RME.

The good news is that I finished it (enough to join the Evolve homeys in Moab). I walked out of the garage at one AM and left for Moab at 6 AM the next morning. A big thanks to Mr. Casey Beach at Tera, JC at Midnight 4X4, and Ryan at Alljeep.com for helping with my last minute panic "stuff".

Here are a few pics of the (semi) finished jeep in Moab.

Moab 1.jpgMoab 2.jpgMoab 3.jpgMoab 4.jpg

I had one small steering leak but other than that the Jeep performed flawlessly. I have a few small tweaks to take care of but all in all I am STOKED on it. Marcus, thanks for your attention to detail, you built a solid car!

Last edited:

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Marcus, thanks for your attention to detail, you built a solid car!

thanks man, i appreciate it! I must admit to being excited (and a little jealous) at the same time. There are a 1000000 things that went through my mind when I sold the goat, on top of everything else that was going on at that time and I had hoped to disclose everything that was or was not needed when you picked it up. Glad it worked out and keep the updates coming.

flashback
P9013301.jpg

Evolved

Less-Known Member
So... ever wonder what happened to the "2nd Hand Goat"? I sold it.

Kidding! She's still around and ready to get back out on some trails. Last year was a bit hectic between work, moving, being poor, not having a garage to do anything in. I now have a 4 car garage, am not entirely poor anymore, fortunately still have a job and a supporting wife that allows me to spend our hard earned money on a "damn hobby".

I have been tinkering with the Jeep just about every other night for the past couple of months. Finishing all of little things I wasn't able to or couldnt afford to do last year. I got new front coils and the front end no longer sits on the bumps. Thanks to Stratton/"Gravesdiggerxj" for his help in finding me a center console to add a few creature comforts. I fixed the leaky fuel cell, hooked up the stereo, cleaned up all of the loose wires under the hood and behind the dash and fized a leaky rear hub. Those are all of things that you wont be able to see (for the most part).

The two biggest obvious upgrades are all for looks! A good friend of mine hooked it up with some killer aluminum body panels to help follow some lines that I wanted to keep. And.. Secondly a fresh pretty little paint job. A big thanks to X1994J for painting it on short notice and doing an awesome job. I am not sure if he is looking for more small jobs but I would recommend him to anyone.

I would say the Goat is done... but we all know they are never done! With a baby on the way I am sure the Goat will go under knife this winter to add a 3rd seat for my baby girl!

Cheers!
GOAT1.JPGGOAT2.JPGGOAT3.JPGGOAT4.JPG45.JPG46.JPG

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
looks sweet! I texted marcus to take a look, I'm sure he wished it looked like that when he had it.

Evolved

Less-Known Member
When I bought the Goat, I remember Marcus saying something about building it to shoot waterfalls. I think this will do...

[video=youtube;NGIEvHW1Y3Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGIEvHW1Y3Y&feature=youtu.be[/video]