Toyota Project: TacoCart

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Why are we so eager to skip over option 3?
I've honestly considered it. The work I put into this thing has been way more than I've put into any other jeep (besides the buggy) and it still rides like crap :grimacing::rofl:

To be clear though - the SAS rides awesome. The steering box from the old IFS trucks SUCK though, so the steering is still lame. I've done everything to the steering box, even put a brand new one in. Same issue, and it's not the linkage.

The rear suspension is rough and horrible on the road but butter smooth offroad but has tons of axle wrap. I can't figure it. Might do the chevy springs swap and fine a way to fit a ladder bar in there.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Well, the rear tires are cupped enough that it's driving me nuts to drive it down the road. The vibration is bad.

I have two options -
  • Buy 1 35" tire and rotate the spare in. Toss the worst tire and keep the other as the spare
or
  • Buy a set of 37" tires, which was the long term goal when these wore out anyways

Decisions...

I also need to tune the rear shocks. They are way off and just help to make the ride not so great.
37's