Toyota Project: TacoCart

spacecase

Out Crawlin'
definitely not the first person to say this, but i love the height you got out of this thing, low COG for the win!

interested to see how she articulates on the trail, awesome work!

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Gear change time. 5.29s for the rear.
This is the second time I've been into a toyota differential... and I just wish Dana would take note on a few things, especially the nice bolt capture tabs on the ring gear. Such a simple low cost thing to add.

Ihpw.jpg

Getting into the rear end and figuring out the shock situation... I've decided to outboard the rear shocks. I've ordered some FOX 12" travel remote res shocks, hopefully they will be here this week. I think eventually I will do something different with the leaf pack, but for now it will remain, since it's an easier thing to modify in the future.

IgB5.jpg

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Forgot to update - I finished up the 5.29s last week.

IUHX.jpg

Milestone!

It drives on it's own. Bled the brakes and decided to pull it out and turn it around to have easier access to the rear for getting the shock mounts made and the rear bumper created.

IDAC.jpg

IStu.jpg

I wish I could have taken it for a spin but with a few things still needing attention I figured some poser shots would suffice.

Back into the shop:
IR9D.jpg

I also found out that the power steering hose adapter for the steering box is leaking at the pump. Pretty sure it's tight, I'll have to investigate it.

Still waiting on back ordered shocks too.

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Started on the rear bumper.

I decided to make use of the factory mount as it's pretty good already, but I will end up bracing it quite a bit back into the frame in order to carry a full spare on this bumper

Cut and trimmed the brackets to fit tube:
6P7q.jpg

Bent up a lower bumper piece:
68x7.jpg

I sleeved the passenger side of the lower tube to bear more weight and leverage from a carrier. Set in place and wrapped the leftover from the bracket around.

63Xn.jpg

Itbe.jpg

More to come soon. :cool: