Toyota Project: TacoCart

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Drove it to the grocery store today. Definitely mall rated.

6hDe.jpg

Then gave it a nice bath. Tons of metal dust melted away
6ggX.jpg

Things to do still:
Rear license plate mount with light
rear bumpstops
adjust the trackbar a tad and straighten up the steering wheel
need to source a spare tire

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
No real updates lately other than I've been driving it randomly around town getting the gears to break in. So far it's definitely dr. office rated! It rides nice, not too much body roll, and drives straight! It's really fun to cruise. Just a couple items I want to finish up and I'll be taking it on some local trails soon.

IMG_4097.jpeg

For now it's out of the work zone and the buggy is now the focus to prep for the RME Price trip that's coming up.

IMG_4119.jpeg

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
What a nice rig -- Well done! I absolutely love that front bumper! I want one for my Gen 2!

Thanks!

I'm pretty happy with how the bumpers turned out! I have no idea the differences between Gen 1 and 2 but I could get some better angle photos of it if anybody wanted to replicate it. :cool:

Reactions: H-K

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I headed up Soapstone via Mirror Lake Hwy today to see how accessible it is so far. A ways up on rd 037 you get passed the turn off to 414 and probably a quarter to half a mile up it's still not very passable. I was able to make the high mark before backing down a bit and turning around.

In this first photo I went a little further up as the tracks faded out and decided to stop since I was alone today.

zfU8.jpg

8,505 ft up and melting fast. :cool:

znCr.jpg

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Small updates. I've had it out on a few trails and it's doing really well. I drove it all the way to Price last weekend and it handles pretty decent on the hwy.

I've taken the topper off for now just to see how I like it. I love the topper but I also like the versatility of the open bed.
zYQf.jpg

z4wA.jpg

Shorty after that, I decided I wanted to build a rack for the RTT and possibly some mounts for bikes an other things. I think i will also make a removable higher rack for the canoe to hit the lakes when I want. The RTT will mostly likely rarely be on there, just when it's needed.

zIUc.jpg

zHs1.jpg

zzOk.jpg

I'm full expo dork now. If you find me in the parking lot I'll totally shout you on the grams, bro.

Caleb

I'm sure I've said this in this thread before but my '04 Taco was my most favorite truck I've had, this makes me want to get another. I love it!

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Don't sell that topper! If you ever want it back you'll be hard pressed to find one. It took me a year to track that thing down :rofl: and I paid a small fortune.

That’s what I was afraid of! I’ll clear a spot in the shed and hold on to it haha