Toyota Project: TacoCart

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Mine is below the arms. It's been rainbowed repeatedly but it works. That being said I'm probably significantly meaner to my Jeep than you will be to this rig.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I put mine below the knuckle for Max up travel.
1.75" .120 wall with 1.50 .250" wall inside. And haven't significant bent it yet.
Also it made mounting my hydro assist ram simpler and gave more room for a long drag link.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Nothing new yet. Been in Moab and then catching up on house projects. I’ll get back into next week. :cool:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Back at it for now!

Shameless plug here, but I just can't believe I went so long without this swag table. This thing makes creating custom tabs so easy. Probably less than 2 min to make this rough cut. Took me longer to clean off the rusted scale than anything.
IMG_2561.jpg

Anyhow... This Teraflex upper control arm end is going to be my frame side trackbar joint, but it had a funky 12mm bolt size (0.472 inches) so I drilled it slowly out to .50" with ease. Now I can use the same size bolt at both ends. :cool:

IMG_2562.jpg

Checking clearances with the frame and steering at full lock (trackbar bushing)
IMG_2565.jpg

Added the other side. I'll be filling in the side gaps with more plate.
IMG_2570.jpg

I really need a press brake to make better bracket bends... I think that might be the next tool purchase.
IMG_2568.jpg

I measured a ton, and I think I left enough rough for the lower coilover pads there. I won't be burning this mount in until I'm 100% sure though.
IMG_2569.jpg

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
You gonna be ready for the Rubicon in June?

Oooohhhh... Maybe! That would be a blast.

Got the other side of the trackbar mount made tonight. :cool:

IMG_2573.jpg

Had to bring it out a bit to get the length as close as possible to the invisible draglink.

It clears the pitman by about an inch, but I may have to bump it a little closer to make sure it doesn't interfere too close to the diff cover.
IMG_2575.jpg

IMG_2576.jpg

IMG_2574.jpg

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Drag-link done!
IMG_2615.jpg

IMG_2616.jpg

Raised it up to full bump to check clearances and I'm happy to say everything is clearing quite well!
IMG_2620.jpg

Flexed it out. This pretty much shows my full stuff and droop for 10" coilovers.
IMG_2621.jpg

IMG_2622.jpg

Here you can see how tight some of the clearances are at full stuff:
IMG_2626.jpg

Beginnings of the knuckle side double sheer for the drag link.
IMG_2627.jpg