zukgod1

Senior crawler
Knuckles loaded and ready to install.

d712715873452d879393556c383eeb90.jpg

4ec2111ea7b031c63083e63942358743.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

zukgod1

Senior crawler
Was able to get some work done yesterday. Got all burn it in happy and realized I never mocked up the rear links :( now i need to shorten my lowers about 5 inches to get the pinion going the correct direction. Chalk that up to hurrying. Sitting at 112"wheels base as it is now.
3dcc90201e4b45502d421b2c0ea333ed.jpg

6b2be405d91451f63c74795d78361819.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

zukgod1

Senior crawler
Can't see it in these pictures but I had to cut off the upper arm mounts and relocate them further off the side of the axle. They just stuck up too high and at full compression they wanted to hit the steering input shaft as well as the bottom of the radiator.

zukgod1

Senior crawler
I'm super impressed with how quick this is coming together!

Thanks Greg,
I tend to collect a crap load of parts over a period of time then they all go on in a short time. Once in a while it works.

I did get the trnas and Rubicon T-case installed last week also so getting closer.

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
Can't see it in these pictures but I had to cut off the upper arm mounts and relocate them further off the side of the axle. They just stuck up too high and at full compression they wanted to hit the steering input shaft as well as the bottom of the radiator.

I was wondering about clearing those upper mounts.. looking good Dan!

zukgod1

Senior crawler
Ok so I'm trying to decide on how ot mount the fuel pump in the fuel cell.
I'm planning on using the OE pump assy and I've found 2 differant means of mounting it. Genright make a threaded opening that bolts in and Motobilt makes a ring assy that would clamp the part of the tank that the pump mounts in (you cut it out of the old tank).
Here are the links.
Kinda leaning towards the Genright option but I'm not against the lesser spendy one at all.

Give me some thoughts on these please.

http://genright.com/fuel-pump-ring-1997-2004-tj-xj/
https://www.motobilt.com/jeep-tj-fuel-pump-clamping-ring.html

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I made something similar to the Motobilt clamp ring when I built my fuel tank....it seems to work fine. I did it partly due to the lesser cost, and partly because it would make the top of my tank flatter.

zukgod1

Senior crawler
I made something similar to the Motobilt clamp ring when I built my fuel tank....it seems to work fine. I did it partly due to the lesser cost, and partly because it would make the top of my tank flatter.

Thanks for the feedback. I came REALLY close to getting the steel one. Could of had it coated to match the jeep but alas, I went with easier and got the Genright one ordered.

zukgod1

Senior crawler
Ran into another slight snag. Seems the new Chromo rear axles are about .0225 larger then the factory ones and this will not fit through the spindle.
Suggestions?
The splined part of your axle fits fyi but after that no.

zukgod1

Senior crawler
Took it to Moab for its maiden voyage. Everything worked really well, a couple small things to deal with but over all it worked really well.

zukgod1

Senior crawler
Damn... one of the quickest builds I've seen on here! :eek:

You went to Moab in a newly built Jeep and don't have any pics?! -_-

Sorry Greg,
I have a few pics but as I was driving not very many. I attempted to upload through Tapatalk but it wouldn't let me. I'll get the ones I have posted asap.