Project Toyota Tacoma Doublecab

lewis

Fight Till You Die
You seemed concerned about keeping your frame a 26"s.* I am assuming that is because of the legal height restrictions.* That being said, what are you planning on doing to keep your tires covered?
Ya the legal height is 24" so trying to stay close to that. As far as the tires sticking out I am going to see how long I can get away with it. The h2 rims really help in keeping it in close. the first pic is of the rear, the front stick out a little more.
build3003hk1.jpg
Front
build3006yk7.jpg

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
I need pics of where you mounted these.

Ill try to post some pics on here for ya.
(shackle prob.) is there anyway you can modify your front hanger? or anyway to move the mounting hole forward, even 1/2" would help you. from your pics, it looks like you could use 1" more distance inbetween mounts.
I cant see the front hanger in your pic, but it looks like you could move the rear back easy enough. & then just limit the shackles. (I have limitting staps on mine) they also keep the axle from walking forward very far, under power.

Last edited:

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
you can see the limitting strap, from the frame to the shackle. those straps help keep the pinnion from moving to much & binding joints. (thats why I put them on)
(Here's a couple pics)
you can see a strap hooked to the back of the rear diff, then hooks to a mini winch line. the mini winch is up inbetween the frame rails, on a crossmember.
I hooked to the back of the diff to pull some oposing pinnion pressure

Attachments

• P1020280.JPG
    P1020280.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 79
  • P1020273.JPG
    P1020273.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

lewis

Fight Till You Die
Got some stuff done today. I had 3 gallons of gas for my lawnmower and was really tempted all day to pour it over my truck and light it up. I couldn't find a lighter though. So I got one shock mounted up and plated the frame where the track bar will mount to prevent any future frame ripping. I also finally got the rear end tacked under the truck for the 4th time and it only took 10 days. Finally got it centered in the wheel well and inline with the front axle. Next is to put on track bar.Ballastic fab shock mounts.
build4002rr2.jpg

frame plate tacked on and also plug welded
build4004bg3.jpg

lewis

Fight Till You Die
I got my track bar put together today. I first made the brackets then realized I need to plate the frame then realized my brackets should go on both sides of the frame so instead of making new brackets I added a piece and plug welded the inside. I also got the axle side done. Clearances are nice and tight but nothing should rub. Both my drag link and track bar are almost straight which is good.
build5003wl0.jpg

build5005ft3.jpg

build5013zm3.jpg

build5015au8.jpg

build5008cz7.jpg

build5009in0.jpg

build5010rj4.jpg

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Amazing fabrication there, I love the way the Taco is turning out! Looks like you're pretty close to getting it on the road, how much longer do you think it will take before the first trip?

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Do you get full lock-to-lock steering with the way it's set up now? It looks to me like the drag link will get friendly with the axle-side track bar bolt when you turn.

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
your fab work on that front hanger looks awesome!
I didnt realize that you had it that far forward.
that should work out well for the 37"s.