Protests

J-mobzz

I know there are good cops I know that. But until they get judged by a jury of peers just like you or me it will always be like this. You will get the ones that do what they want because they can.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
For every one video I’ve seen like those above, I’ve seen many more of mobs beating innocent people.
You can really cherry pick this stuff all day. None of it is right.

I am sure that is true. like I previously said, I am almost always on the side of police.. but how does one officer allow a fellow officer to act that way, and who gets to hold that officer accountable? It's these one-off officers that have created these problems, but they are still being allowed to stay. mobs are not sworn in persons that are supposed to be accountable.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I am sure that is true. like I previously said, I am almost always on the side of police.. but how does one officer allow a fellow officer to act that way, and who gets to hold that officer accountable? It's these one-off officers that have created these problems, but they are still being allowed to stay. mobs are not sworn in persons that are supposed to be accountable.

Blame society for treating officers like crap for years, blame your government for changing retirement benefits to not even be remotely competitive. Blame crappy pay, high stress, terrible hours and now terrible co-workers.

This problem has been a powder keg brewing for years. Police department cannot attract good candidates. So over the last 6-7 years the quality of people being hired has deteriorated and deteriorated.

Back when I got hired we had 1200 applicants for 5 openings. They got to choose who fit the best and get the best people for the job.

When I resigned we had a non-stop opening of 30-40 officers. with an average of 70-90 applicants per hiring. Tell me how those odds can pick the right people for the job. That’s been the norm for the last 3-4 years, and that’s at a 500 officer department, imagine trying to hire for a 30k man department.

You get what you pay for.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Blame society for treating officers like crap for years, blame your government for changing retirement benefits to not even be remotely competitive. Blame crappy pay, high stress, terrible hours and now terrible co-workers.

This problem has been a powder keg brewing for years. Police department cannot attract good candidates. So over the last 6-7 years the quality of people being hired has deteriorated and deteriorated.

Back when I got hired we had 1200 applicants for 5 openings. They got to choose who fit the best and get the best people for the job.

When I resigned we had a non-stop opening of 30-40 officers. with an average of 70-90 applicants per hiring. Tell me how those odds can pick the right people for the job. That’s been the norm for the last 3-4 years, and that’s at a 500 officer department, imagine trying to hire for a 30k man department.

You get what you pay for.
I blame people for their actions. Not society. When you shoot a person point blank it's because you think you can.
My brother is a cop and has echoed what you are saying about the quality of candidates they get now. That is not going to help this situation and it's scary.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I blame people for their actions. Not society. When you shoot a person point blank it's because you think you can.
My brother is a cop and has echoed what you are saying about the quality of candidates they get now. That is not going to help this situation and it's scary.

100% his action, the result of which was him being hired and put in that position probably when he shouldn’t have. I couldn’t see very well only on my phone because I’m at work. But this is a result of bad people being hired as cops because the department needs a warm body to report to the city council they are at full Manning.

Action not directly caused by society as it was his own free will, but societies choices have led to him being hired.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
So I am usually very much on the side of police. But some of the videos coming out are insane.
this one is from our own Salt Lake.
HUGE LANGUAGE WARNING.

How does a police officer justify this?
Not saying I agree with this, but have you ever herded cows? Sometimes you got to kick the stupid one to get the group to move. Maybe I'm used to protests that end in tear gas and water cannons. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. They got a paintball gun dressed up for crowd control, moving against an agitated group, maybe their 1.5lb trigger isn't appropriate for this. Don't put me on the jury after watching the video there's a chance I'd say they deserved it. I know police man bad, but protesters aren't exactly lovable here either.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Not saying I agree with this, but have you ever herded cows? Sometimes you got to kick the stupid one to get the group to move. Maybe I'm used to protests that end in tear gas and water cannons. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. They got a paintball gun dressed up for crowd control, moving against an agitated group, maybe their 1.5lb trigger isn't appropriate for this. Don't put me on the jury after watching the video there's a chance I'd say they deserved it. I know police man bad, but protesters aren't exactly lovable here either.

rioters not protesters.

A8AA5CAA-0690-4B39-AF07-0B46C65492E3_1_105_c.jpeg