Proud father moments

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
We spend a lot of time chasing our kids around and taking them to motorcycle races. We don't do it for any glory or to live vicariously through them, but to teach them that hard work and commitment will pay off. It also teaches them responsibility for their bikes and equipment. Some of the best times I have had over the last 3 years have been riding with them and teaching them how to work on their own bikes. With that being said, it is gratifying to see them both get recognized in national magazines.

My daughter has her picture in the November issue of Dirt Bike Magazine in their coverage of the National Hare & Hound race back in August in Panaca, Nevada.

And the recently released issue of Cycle News has a picture of my son on his way to winning at the final round of the National Hare & Hound in Johnson Valley, California this past weekend.

rholbrook

Nice, now plan on spending the equivalent of a new motorcycle every year on lessons and meet charges, outfits etc. it's fun to see your kids excell at stuff

Tonkaman

This girl couldn't sit on the couch if her life depended on it. Between gymnastics, ballet, karate, swimming, and motorcycle Mondays she keeps us pretty darn busy. I'm excited to see what her future holds

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
Well, doesn't get much prouder than this... Last night, I gave my pride and joy Daughter to a fine young man. I present, Mr. and Mrs. Kyle Hotchkiss...

Yeah. I cried. Suck it...

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
So a few weeks ago I was getting ready for a WC club run loading up some firewood. I have it piled up in the back corner of my yard so I was filling up this tote then walking it to my trailer because my wheelbarrow is all busted up. I filled it up and dumped it and when I got back to the pile of wood he was right in there and had picked up a piece and tried to hand it to me when I got there. I guess it just made me happy because I had always hoped that I would have a child that would enjoy spending time with me and that would help me with this and that. Granted hes only 14 months old so had a told him to go do it he wouldn't have know what I was asking but it just gave me a glimpse into how things might be down the road a few years. I always wished that I could do more with my dad growing up but he wasn't really into outdoor stuff and had an office job where he put in long hours so it was hard to get time with him.

Anyway, I guess thats why I always seem to come to stuff with Eli. I'm trying to subconsciously train him to enjoy the things I like doing so that I'll have a buddy to keep me company.

sSByFZjl.jpg

Tonkaman

This girl of mine is going to be trouble!

After watching the 'Bold Overland' truck getting flooded she begged me to watch more of "Kurts truck videos". I explained to her that we already watched season 3 twice and that there weren't any new episodes. She did not like that answer very much.

"Well ok dad let's just watch more of those motorcycle videos with the guys that wreck a lot. You know the ones with the music?" I knew exactly what she was talking about. Old 'Krusty Demons of Dirt' videos to the rescue! She sat in excitement on the edge of her seat through krusty 3 and 10 before getting distracted.

Trouble is definitely brewing...

ID Bronco

A couple of cool moments

My girls coolest "crazy hair day"

and my 6 yr old loving the new ttr 50

Attachments

• Rebecca on crazy hair day.jpg
    Rebecca on crazy hair day.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Link on the 50.jpg
    Link on the 50.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 23
D

Deleted member 12904

My boys are getting really into driving. Given the current trend of kids not even getting a drivers licence I letting them lay down as many miles and rally as many mud holes as they want. The other day I told my son to just drive it on the lawn so we can wash it and he lights up the tires on the park strip throwing about half a yard or rock into the street. It sucked to clean up but was pretty awesome he did it on purpose.
[video=youtube_share;LElvf10UOSo]https://youtu.be/LElvf10UOSo[/video]

Tonkaman

I took Leimomi out to the Jordan River track for the first time this year. She got the courage up to ride the big bike track and rallied it! There were probably 40 big bikes ripping around and only 2 peewees brave enough to enter. Now I’ll never get her to ride a 50 track again ha ha D5921B32-D6CF-4B30-A384-502AD7D62170.jpeg

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I took Leimomi out to the Jordan River track for the first time this year. She got the courage up to ride the big bike track and rallied it! There were probably 40 big bikes ripping around and only 2 peewees brave enough to enter. Now I’ll never get her to ride a 50 track again ha ha View attachment 114585
Were you there yesterday? Jack was there with a group of friends.