Proud father moments

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
This summer provided plenty of proud papa moments. I get far more enjoyment watching my kids progress behind the boat than I do playing behind the boat. And I have a GREAT time back there.

Livy got the hang of surfing last season. This year she really picked up carving in and out of the wave and even started doing a few simple tricks.

022.JPG

Lucas, my 7 year old, wanted nothing to do with the boat, other than swimming last year. We picked up a knee board this year and just about forced him to try it. I have to say I was a bit of a mean daddy that first time. But I was RIGHT! Once he was actually going that first time the cries quickly turned to smiles and laughs! He was hooked. By the end of the season he was catching some air off the wake.

044.JPG

Ashlee tried and tried last year to get the surfboard up and out of the water, with basically no luck. This was her year. About half way through the season she was constantly getting up and by the end she was tossing the rope and getting some long rides in. She always has a very crazy expression on her face while surfing. It's impossible to hide her feelings while surfing. Her face shows it all, from flat out scared to super happy. It's always fun to watch her. Makes for great pictures.

103.JPG

Another season is over. Can't wait for next season and the progression it will surly bring.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Proud dad moment today when my oldest graduated from Davis High. He was the Senior Class President and did a great job conducting the ceremony and delivering his speech. I'm super excited for what he will accomplish in life!

It was cool to have MY grandpa, his Great Grandpa there too.
20190531_092852.jpg

20190531_110457.jpg

Congrats to all you other parents that have kids graduating this year!

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Jason @Homefryy was able to come and spot me for DCRC and my daughter was disappointed because if he didn't come then she would have driven and I would have spotted. On Saturday my friends son that was driving his beast Durango didn't show so guess who got to compete. My wife says its my fault. I love the fact that she loves it. She actually did better then the other driver on all but one course. So proud of her. I love it to that's why I didn't give up my seat but may need to next year. By the way she is only 12. Under Maxfield. Second from bottom and her scores are the second half ones under legends. 20190525_192326.jpg IMG_16791.jpg

Tonkaman

My daughter is always on my case to help build something, or do a project together. So today I busted out the mig welder and we practiced putting down beads together B875BE15-DDF3-46C2-99AA-45CDBACE29AE.jpeg
Now she won’t stop begging me to go to the hardware store so we can get “my own metal and tools”. Ha ha

ID Bronco

This little 'Turkey' did it again! (note: I'm a believer in practical application, so my son has high functioning Autism, and in OT they talk about quiet time, serene time where his very busy mind can relax and slow down. I look for ways to implement that that he likes. There aren't very many, but hunting has really given him that opportunity and he's motivated. It's also great to tell my wife we need some "therapy time") It also really boosts his confidence.

20200418_002740.jpg

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
If I had to guess, I’d say you’re making him watch Poltergeist. No wonder he’s not moving.
Casper the friendly ghost would get that reaction from my 5 year old. Then he'd be in my room every night for weeks. Lol.

DesertRam

No photographs to share at this point, but last week my kids showed market (meat) broilers (chickens), geese, and lambs in our regional fair. The eldest won senior poultry showmanship (very competitive), the middle was second in lamb showmanship, and they took both first and second place in market goose. They sold both animals at auction for respectable amounts that will cover the costs of this year's poultry project and fund all the up-front costs for next year.

It was a screwed up fair year with COVID-craziness, but these three kids held it all together, continued learning the value of their hard work, and pulled together in the end to make a great showing at the fair. I'm very proud of them.