Proud father moments

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Very cool. So did they like it?

Thanks. I probably had to bribe them with Legos because the conditions were so miserable.
They liked it during and after. They postponed the race 1:30 hours (in 15 minute increments) so they were pretty miserable in the cold wind and rain for like 40 minutes until it started. Now they wont stop talking about it and love wearing their finisher pins.

Those kids were fun on the Snakes run.

Thanks. They are pretty cool kids.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
This was a few weeks ago after he wrapped up his national championship.

pXgZ.jpg

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
So after my daughters success last season in We Rock she has been pursuing sponsors. So far she has been able to get 3 sponsors and will probably get a few more. So proud of her. As a side note most sponsors are a discount on parts which means her main sponsor (ME) ends up spending more $$.

20201118_180633.jpg20201118_180502.jpg20201118_180539.jpgIMG_49541.jpg

Last edited:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
So after my daughters success last season in We Rock she has been pursuing sponsors. So far she has been able to get 3 sponsors and will probably get a few more. So proud of her. As a side note most sponsors are a discount on parts which means her main sponsor (ME) ends up spending more $$.

View attachment 132751View attachment 132752View attachment 132753
90% of our motorcycle racing sponsors are discount only in the range of 50-60% off. We have a few that are free product but they are far and few between. It all helps in the end.

That has to give her a big sense of accomplishment. Congrats

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Getting cash sponsors is tough, honestly the best way to get a cash sponsor is to look outside the industry your competing in. Big corporations will throw a couple grand around like its nothing. Its also all about who you know.....
Yea. We don't know anyone like that sadly, and our name isn't Ryan Maxfield. 😉

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
My daughter is a freshman on the high school swim team. The other day at practice she was minding her own business swimming laps when out of the corner of her eye noticed the guy in the next lane kind of dive underwater. She thought it was a bit odd because they were in the middle of a timed swim, but she continued swimming. She was about in the middle of the pool. She kept thinking about the guy going underwater. She got to the end of the pool and turned around. She couldn't see him. She raced back to where he was and found him now in her lane. She still was unsure about what was going on and didn't want to interfere with him as a lot of times they all dive under to get rings and stuff off the bottom of the pool. She decided to dive down next to him and give him a thumbs up. As she got next to him she could see his eyes were wide open and rolled back in his head. She grabbed him and repositioned him so she was cradling him like a baby. The water was deep enough at that spot that she couldn't touch the ground. She was just able to hold his head above water and keep herself up. She started to yell for help. She was able to get to the side of the pool where the coach pulled the kid out of the water. She jumped out too. The kid was laying on his back. He had a pulse, but was not breathing. They were all just looking at him. A thought popped into my daughters mind to roll him onto his side. She said she had to kind of push the coach over a bit to get in there. She grabbed the kid and rolled him over. He puked and started breathing right away. She found out later that he has seizures occasionally and they think he had one which caused him to go under.
My daughter is very new to this kind of swimming. She's likely the weakest and slowest on her team (but getting faster :D ). She has no medical training at all. She had no idea why she thought to roll the kid over. It worked. And other that being completely warn out, he was fine.

Magerdgr

Have gun, will travel
My daughter is a freshman on the high school swim team. The other day at practice she was minding her own business swimming laps when out of the corner of her eye noticed the guy in the next lane kind of dive underwater. She thought it was a bit odd because they were in the middle of a timed swim, but she continued swimming. She was about in the middle of the pool. She kept thinking about the guy going underwater. She got to the end of the pool and turned around. She couldn't see him. She raced back to where he was and found him now in her lane. She still was unsure about what was going on and didn't want to interfere with him as a lot of times they all dive under to get rings and stuff off the bottom of the pool. She decided to dive down next to him and give him a thumbs up. As she got next to him she could see his eyes were wide open and rolled back in his head. She grabbed him and repositioned him so she was cradling him like a baby. The water was deep enough at that spot that she couldn't touch the ground. She was just able to hold his head above water and keep herself up. She started to yell for help. She was able to get to the side of the pool where the coach pulled the kid out of the water. She jumped out too. The kid was laying on his back. He had a pulse, but was not breathing. They were all just looking at him. A thought popped into my daughters mind to roll him onto his side. She said she had to kind of push the coach over a bit to get in there. She grabbed the kid and rolled him over. He puked and started breathing right away. She found out later that he has seizures occasionally and they think he had one which caused him to go under.
My daughter is very new to this kind of swimming. She's likely the weakest and slowest on her team (but getting faster :D ). She has no medical training at all. She had no idea why she thought to roll the kid over. It worked. And other that being completely warn out, he was fine.
Wow, that’s really awesome, good for her for paying attention and getting after it! It blows my mind how many calls I hear come in that say that “the RP (reporting party) was a passer by but did not stop” when it’s something serious. I just don’t understand that mentality. Good for her!!!

Tonkaman

The kid was laying on his back. He had a pulse, but was not breathing. They were all just looking at him. A thought popped into my daughters mind to roll him onto his side. She said she had to kind of push the coach over a bit to get in there.
I’ve been around dozens of serious injuries that require quick thinking and trauma care. It always amazes me that 99% of people assume someone else will take control, and just stand around while someone dies.

Good for her, she is the 1%, a true leader!

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Just ran across this pic with my wallpaper slideshow. I would guess this to be about 2004 (?). Eric (@ebryson) is my younger son pictured in the yellow shirt. Corbin (@cbryson) is likely about 7 yrs old.
1608610218563.png

Look at all the crap the "toolshed" had in it. I needed that much to fix the front axle for the 35" MTRs. Some of that junk is still in my current Jeep, some still in my garage doing other purposes and the D30 parts should have been built into a sculpture or something? I'm sure they are sitting in a landfill somewhere? Maybe they are a can or Nissan or something?

The "proud" part is seeing these guys at 23 and 20 years old now. They are good dudes and making something of themselves. Interesting journey, life is.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
My son helped me get the tires rotated on his moms car. My kids have always ‘helped’.. but this is the first time i just gave him the ugga-dugga gun and had him do it all himself. I had to lift the tires back on for him.. but everything else was him.

Attachments

• 6C74F3C9-F4B0-4428-B97E-1411509F74D4.jpeg
    6C74F3C9-F4B0-4428-B97E-1411509F74D4.jpeg
    310.8 KB · Views: 8

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Can I get some thoughts from those of you with older children?
when do they decide they don’t want to hang with mom and dad anymore?
my reason for asking is that I have 12 year old girls. We are talking about maybe buying a newer camper trailer.. but if they are going to abandon us in a few years or so, maybe we will wait and get something more suited to less children.