Proud father moments

DAA

No pics (yet), but my Daughter bought us two good seats to see Morgan Wallen in Phoenix in July and planned out our epic road trip there and back. When she asked me if I wanted to do it, I was like, love to honey, but I'm broke ass. When she said she'd pay, I was like, let's go!

- DAA

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
My oldest played in his first piano recital yesterday. We decided to start him last August since he hasn't had to work very hard at things. I guess hoping that a little bit of struggle would be of benefit to his character. It hasn't be very hard yet. He doesn't complain about practicing, and seems to actually enjoy it.

ID Bronco

I'm very proud of my Graduate! She's really the best...........kid, friend, sister,
buddy.

Headed to BYU in Provo in the fall.
She participated in Cross Country all 4 years, State Champs, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th in those years.
She is a great member of the Skyline Trap Team as well.

And my only girl, so I'm conflicted on this graduation thing.

Rebecca-94.jpgRebecca-59.jpg20230501_184601.jpg

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Watching your kid do well at something you are passionate about is about the best thing there is as a father. Easton made major improvements in Cowboy action shooting recently. This is from the June Hobblecreek Wranglers shoot this past weekend. Kids is almost outshooting me now.

Tonkaman

This one started as a proud dad but ended as a fail 😂

My daughter rides her dirtbike atleast 2x a week. Now that’s she’s 12 I’ve been making her prove to me that my time is not being wasted by doing all of the routine maintenance herself. After each ride she is responsible for washing the bike, changing the oil, and changing the air filter. I’ve been super impressed with her initiative to get it done so far this year.

This week her bike stalled while airborn at a race and would not restart. When I tried to kick it over it would rotate, but could tell right away it didn’t feel right.

Initial inspection shows the air filter wasn’t installed properly and let a bunch of dirt into the air box 😬 Honestly I’m not even upset, we’re just going to make this an opportunity to learn how the smallest details can have a big impact on how life goes.

IMG_5307.jpegIMG_5310.jpegIMG_5311.jpeg

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
This one started as a proud dad but ended as a fail 😂

My daughter rides her dirtbike atleast 2x a week. Now that’s she’s 12 I’ve been making her prove to me that my time is not being wasted by doing all of the routine maintenance herself. After each ride she is responsible for washing the bike, changing the oil, and changing the air filter. I’ve been super impressed with her initiative to get it done so far this year.

This week her bike stalled while airborn at a race and would not restart. When I tried to kick it over it would rotate, but could tell right away it didn’t feel right.

Initial inspection shows the air filter wasn’t installed properly and let a bunch of dirt into the air box 😬 Honestly I’m not even upset, we’re just going to make this an opportunity to learn how the smallest details can have a big impact on how life goes.

View attachment 160988View attachment 160989View attachment 160990
I completely forgot to put a filter on one time.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Can I be proud of her and MAD at the same time?

We picked up Stratton’s Navi scooter thingy and got it to AZ a week or so ago. Ashlee, my 16 year old daughter wanted one bad. She took a riders course and passed it with no issues. She’s been waiting for the riding gear she purchased to arrive. In the mean time she’s been riding up and down our empty road every day, getting used to her new bike. Her gear came in the other day.

She wasn’t comfortable riding on the main roads yet so we waited till early this morning to give it a try. With her ear buds in we were able to have a phone conversation wile I drove behind her watching her. She did great for the first couple miles. I was able to talk to her and give her tips as I saw things pop up. On our way back home she was coming up fast on a red light. We were doing about 45. At the last second I realized she wasn’t stopping. I yelled that the light was red. I was behind her quite a ways and didn’t realize how close she was to the intersection. She was probably just behind the cross walk. She grabbed all the hand brake she could which locked up the front tire and the bike went straight to the ground. It happened so fast she never even let go of the handlebars. Her helmet and jacket took the brunt of the impact.
There was a couple out for a run and one car next to her in the left lane (drove around her and left). There were no other cars around. The runners went over and checked her out and picked the bike up while I was parking the truck. Ashlee had jumped up and was walking out of the street with the runner lady. She was “ok”. She was crying and apologizing over and over. I went up to them and told the lady who I was and thanked them for their help. Then they left. Ash and I set on the curb for a while just letting it sink in. We talked about the situation. I thought about how I was going to get the bike home. Then she said she was ready to go and went for the bike. I questioned her and she said she wanted to continue. I was nervous. I checked the bike out, which received really little damage. A bent foot peg and scratches mostly.

She got back on that horse and road about 3 more miles to get home.

She said she was so focused on the other car and pedestrians she didn’t even notice the intersection. We have a lot more to talk about.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
That’s crazy. Glad she is ok. I think this highlights the need to ALWAYS wear the right clothing. I see high school kids all day long in tank tips and flip flops riding scooters and groms.

Also a great understanding that the bike is not anywhere close to being as aafe as a car