Northern Utah Providence Canyon 7/28/2018

rockwell

I would love to go! Except my only day off each week is Friday. Any chance you could swing it for the 27th instead?

-Paige

cajack

Did this trail last weekend. A mile or so of uphill rocks above the gravel pit then breaks into narrow forest service jeep trail. No real need for lift, but airing down and 4x4 are required. A fun trail with great scenery. We had several rigs relatively stock on 33's with us. They made it without too much trouble. One in our group said on a Moab scale he would rate it a 5.

tv_larsen

If I'm in town I would like to go. Never been up that way before. What's the trail like? Is it a skinny 4 wheeler trail?
Cajack summed it up pretty good. Each year the trail is a little different, the rocky climb above the quarry is packed and easy some years, other years the rocks are loose and roll under your tires. I haven't been up there this year but it sounds like the rocks are more packed now. It's definitely a Jeep or full-size trail, there are usually branches that will touch your rig but that shouldn't be a big deal.

Omgbecki

Sounds fun. I just had my car seize up on the way to the zombie apocalypse in salt lake. Might need this trip to clear my head before I blow up the car literally.