Pull Pal

X

XT Utah

Has anyone tried the Pull Pal?

If it works as advertised it would be a great investment. Especially for adventurous people like me :cool: .

Still, I don't like how easily the guy just walked over and pulled it out of the ground :p . You would think it would be hard to pull out :confused:

http://www.pullpal.com/video/PullPal.WMV

John

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
Hey I know something you can pull on pal! hahaha. I'm sure its better than nothing if you out in BFE with out a tree to hook on to. But I think you would need a winch to get any value out of it.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
XT Utah said:
Still, I don't like how easily the guy just walked over and pulled it out of the ground :p . You would think it would be hard to pull out :confused:
It depends on what kind of soil it is in. It looked like he was in sand. I think they didn't show him pulling it out of clay mud for a reason. ;)
I think it would be good if you're in a loose sandy area but it wouldn't do anything if you're messing with rocks. It's a similar idea to burying your spare tire in the ground as an anchor.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
They are worthless... without a winch ;)

I have seen them in action, an where used appropriately they are very effective. Darrell (the old owner of Cr.Out) has the 11k Pull-Pal that he keeps in the back of his FJ45, too my knowledge it has never failed him when needed (take note he has F&R winches too :D)

A PullPal is on my list of additions... ;)

X

XT Utah

Thanks guys!

I'm thinking about putting hitches on the front and back of my Xterra and getting a portable winch. With that equipment and a pull pal I just might be able to get out of all the places I get stuck :cool: .

X

XT Utah

cruiseroutfit said:
Where have you been stuck?

Well, let's see... Washes :p , snow, sand, ditches, thick mud, uneven terrain where open diffs left me stranded, and that's all I can remember at the moment.

There have been stucks when the front was completely inaccessible (as Meat likes to point out :rofl: ).

There have been other stucks when not even a weed was around to winch from. :eek:

But it was all fun :hickey:

X

XT Utah

I'm gonna drive over to 11659 South Player Circle tonight and pick one up. :)

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Well I will be colored pink... sure enough, looks like we have never NOT been a dealer since Darrell was selling them 5 years ago. Cool, guess I better get on the horn tomorrow and get some updated pricing and mabey bring in a couple demo's :D

So that being said, anyone serious about getting one? Not sure what my cost is (remember I just found out I am a dealer ;)), but I will give it to you for cost, and split shipping with me on one for myself (demo unit of course... :D)

Wonder what else I am supposed to be selling, this company should have come with an owners manual, you'd be surprise the things I find on a daily basis ;)

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Turns out I do have alot of Pull Pal information in my files, I guess I spaced off the fact that they were (or are?) part of Premeir Power Welders, so the Pull Pal stuff was in there... :eek:

I have updated pricing in the mail, so I should have a page up and going by the end of the week... In addition, I just bought one, so I will have a "demo" unit as well by the end of the week (mabey a tad longer).

The Pull Pal page on my site is here (coming soon ;)):
http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/pull_pal.html

Other Expedition/Outdoor Gear:
http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/expedition.html

Caleb

Spork said:
I think they didn't show him pulling it out of clay mud for a reason. ;)

actually, I think they work on the same concept as a boat anchor, pulling from one direction drives it deeper into the ground, pull it from the opposite direction and it'll pop right out of the thickest muckiest clay around. I've had some pretty stuck anchors in the nasty clay bottom of the GSL but I've always been able to get them up (this is even after a 60' fishing boat, barge, has been pulling and pounding on it all night through a storm). Ofcourse this is all speculation as I have never used a pull pal myself :D