PullRite TT hitch - (double tow)

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
I know campers are small mounted in the bed of the truck but that is what I do. Have the biggest camper you can basically have for a truck bed. Most of the time camping your outside anyways. We do it with 3 kids and a small dog. Is it small yes but it works. Plus it is easier to just park the truck somewhere when we are just camping with out the jeep.

20201218_100544.jpg

20201218_100509.jpg

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I know campers are small mounted in the bed of the truck but that is what I do. Have the biggest camper you can basically have for a truck bed. Most of the time camping your outside anyways. We do it with 3 kids and a small dog. Is it small yes but it works. Plus it is easier to just park the truck somewhere when we are just camping with out the jeep.

View attachment 133735

View attachment 133736
Dan, I actually think this is the best approach for you, but your spouse may not. They are all different beasts, but my wife is fighting the truck camper tooth and nail. It is cramped, but I don't care. Keep in mind though, your kids will grow up damn fast. With just two girls, you can crash them both on the dinette bed. That will work till they are about 12.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
To expound on Kmboren's setup, get an enclosed trailer to haul the jeep in. Then setup some fold down bunkbeds for the kids in the jeep trailer. In inclement weather you can hole up in the enclosed trailer and just use the camper for the stove, sink and toilet.