Quarantine Hobbies

J-mobzz

So I’m sure I’m not the only one that’s found that the I don’t have time excuse hasn’t been super valid the past little bit. I’m curious the see/hear about old hobbies you’ve picked back up or new ones you’ve never had time for in the past.

I went and pulled my barbell, bumper plates, rack and bench out of storage and started lifting weights again. I also went down to my local guitar shop dropped some money on an acoustic and will have my third private lesson Tuesday.
I also plan to dust off some metal working tools and build some prerunner bumpers for the AMC Eagle here soon.
81D25E3F-A08B-4B1F-959C-975308AD2B39.jpeg

Pike2350

I keep telling myself i need to get my RC scale rock crawlers out and get them working. It's been quite a few years but the 3 I have are just sitting in storage needing some form of repair. I still havent found the time....but a toddler will do that

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I bought a dirt jumper bike and have been tearing up the neighborhood with my son. It has been a lot of fun.

I also have an axial sxc10.2 Jku in my shopping cart. Just can’t quite click the buy button... but maybe tomorrow.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I have been doing a lot of projects around the house. Stuff I have needed to get done for a long time, but just haven’t gotten it them. I think I am going to try and bust out the tig welder and practice.

my son and I are playing a bunch of video games together. He is loving it. He is practicing his welding.

spent some time teaching my daughter how to build fires a little better and process wood with a knife.

my wife is working on her masters degree. So that takes up her extra time.

Last edited:

JeeperG

Besides truck projects, arts and crafts, cooking, I already do that all the time anyway. Today I broke out some Dutch ovens and whipped out some BBQ pork and Dutch oven potatoes. Also milled and sifted some wheat grains and will have some fresh honey wheat bread later. 👨‍🍳

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Not an old hobby but I've gotten my hand tool woodworking bench about done, its "done enough" except for a tail vise and I messed up drilling for it so I'm going to use the bench for a while then deal with that later. I also was able to clean out my shop/garage and re-arrange my tools. I don't know that its going to stay this way but I'm pretty happy with where its at.

LeKTbY6l.jpg

I milled some cherry on Friday to start my next project, a jewelry bureau for my wife.

cSa4196l.jpg

When it dries out more I'm anxious to get out in my backyard to keep progressing there again. I need to level it some, add topsoil, then I'll be ready for sod.

Tonkaman

So I’m sure I’m not the only one that’s found that the I don’t have time excuse hasn’t been super valid the past little bit. I’m curious the see/hear about old hobbies you’ve picked back up or new ones you’ve never had time for in the past.

I went and pulled my barbell, bumper plates, rack and bench out of storage and started lifting weights again. I also went down to my local guitar shop dropped some money on an acoustic and will have my third private lesson Tuesday.
I also plan to dust off some metal working tools and build some prerunner bumpers for the AMC Eagle here soon.
View attachment 126275

So are you out of work now?

I’m glad to see you still have a bunch of your tools, I thought maybe you sold it all.

That’s really cool your going to dive into guitar lessons. Maybe you and the boys can start a band together!

J-mobzz

So are you out of work now?

I’m glad to see you still have a bunch of your tools, I thought maybe you sold it all.

That’s really cool your going to dive into guitar lessons. Maybe you and the boys can start a band together!

Im still working for now. With travel shut down it will be interesting to see if the keep the sales managers on. I’m actually staying super busy since basically everything we sale supports remote working. And now with zoom in hot water over privacy issues my Collaborate Space software is taking off like crazy.
I kept enough of my tools. One thing I really regret selling was my tube bender but I hit up @Hickey and he hadn’t even used it so he sold it back to me. I basically have a really large storage unit with power for a shop now so I can’t get into the projects I used to but it’s better than nothing.

guitar has been a blast but damn it’s a difficult thing for someone with no musical talent like myself to learn. I’m really glad I’m taking lessons and not just doing you YouTube thing. For one my instructor is just an awesome guy but he is also loosing students like crazy so he’s happy to have some work too. I definitely want the boys to get into it. Andrew was playing cello for awhile but gave that up. They are both in gymnastics now and doing really well.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I do know of a landscape company looking for laborers if someone is looking. Not sure what the pay is or whatever but I'd be glad to check things out for folks if someone is in need

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
Hmmm. Time, what is that? Still working and my kids are home from school so there's that, and trying to hold it all together. I did download the Fender App for free, so maybe I'll start up the guitar again. Who needs sleep anyway.

Revitup-n-go

Not to bum anyone out - but lost my job last week - so I’m forced to take up the “look for a job” hobby! 😡🙁 I am going to get my little overland trailer out for some camping prep an trial run mid week - so there’s that I guess.

Tonkaman

Not to bum anyone out - but lost my job last week - so I’m forced to take up the “look for a job” hobby! 😡🙁 I am going to get my little overland trailer out for some camping prep an trial run mid week - so there’s that I guess.
What kind of work will you be looking for?