Quarterly 4x4 Training day - A RockyMountainExtreme event (noob run 3.0)

sixstringsteve

Quarterly 4x4 Training Day
A Rockymountainextreme.com Event

January 20-21

Miller Motorsports Park (offroad driving course)

What is Get to Know your 4x4 Training Day all about?
Whether you're brand new to the 4x4 scene, or you've been competing for years, you're invited to attend RME's quarterly 4x4 training day. Come learn how to drive your 4x4 vehicle offroad with an overnight campout/instruction day at miller motorsports park where you'll get to meet experienced RME members and learn techniques related to safety, recovery, driving, spotting, land use, and much more. Most importantly, you'll get to practice driving your rig over a variety of obstacles with experienced wheelers standing by to offer advice. This event has replaced "noob runs" of the past.

Who
Everyone is welcome, new members, friends, family, and veteran wheelers. Even if you're not an RME member you're welcome to attend. This event is aimed at drivers, and non-drivers will most likely not enjoy this event. We are limiting registration to 30 people due to classroom size.

Cost
$20 per vehicle (NOT per person). The fee will help cover expenses, food costs, Miller Motorsports Park facility rental and associated fees. This is a heavily discounted rate (normally $35/rig), and it's way cheaper than us getting our own insurance for an event like this.

Vehicle requiremets
- 4 wheel drive (but leave the subaru at home)
Anything from a stock 4x4 to a we-rock buggy is welcome to attend. We have obstacles big and small. Expect zero body damage unless you're trying to get it. Getting to know your own rig and its limitations is one of the most important aspects of being a great wheeler.

Link to directions

Remember, this is not a Miller Motorsports Event. They may not know much about our event at the gate. Just tell them you're with the rockcrawling group.

Schedule

Friday, January 20, 2012

6-7 PM: Arrive. Set up tents/camp. Eat dinner. Meet n greet.
7-7:30 PM: Course on how to prepare for a trip (what to bring, trail repairs, maintenance, tools, recovery, etc). (taught by sixstringsteve)
7:30- 8 PM: Camping in the cold (taught by Davy from Alljeep.com)
8-9 PM: History of Off-Roading/Jeeps (taught by Stephen)
9-10 PM: Intro to 4x4 opportunities in Utah II (taught by Kurt from Cruiseroutfitters)

Saturday, January 21, 2012
8-9 AM: Free Pancake Breakfast (courtesy of Teraflex)
9-12 PM: Full Tread Lightly Course
12-1 PM: Lunch - bring your own
1-2 PM: Advanced Recovery - winching/recovery strap (Kurt from Cruiser Outfitters)
2-4 PM: Advanced spotting and driving: on-course practice (Marc and Scott)
4-5 PM: Recap and Review: how to get involved, tread lightly recap, land-use orgs

Check-in
Proceed to the main gate at the Miller Motorsports Park (next to the museum and the main ticket office). Let security know your taking part in an event at the Off-Road Park. They will direct you onto the grounds and all the way West out to the off-road park where you will see us. Keep in mind we won't have anyone at the park ready for you to check-in until 6PM

What to bring
- 4x4 rig to wheel
- tent/trailer/something to sleep in
- dinner Friday night, lunch Sat afternoon
- camp chairs to sit in. Miller Motorsports park will not be providing chairs. Please bring your own.

To register
There are only 30 available openings for this event. To register, just reply to this thread saying you'll attend. Please check your pm's regularly since this is how we will be getting in touch with you as we get closer to the event.

By attending, you do not hold me, RME, or any other RME members liable for damage, loss, theft, or injury.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

Volunteers:

Kurt from cruiseroutfitters
sixstringsteve
Stephen from Iconic Camping
Scott (thefirstzukman)
Marc (mbryson)
Jason (Sami)
Davy (Mesha) from Alljeep.com

Business Sponsors:
Teraflex (they really went all out to support this event).
Trasharoo

Registered Attendees

1) kulangflow
2) gravesdiggerxj
3) WillyLyn
4) Raleigh
5) Jinxspot
6) Jeeper
7) rajncajn
8) mustang_boy2001
9) skagroovy
10) shansen
11) R0ckStar
12) Maldito X
13) keehncommando
14) xjtony
15) Huntinkid
16) Donner
17) StaticFilter
18) pgall101
19) SiRed91
20) Flnbar
21) nickcoleman
22) Samersen
23) stevefogg
24) frieed
25) jonascalhoun

Last edited:

WillyLin

I will be there!!!

Saturday, January 21, 2012
8-9 AM: Free Pancake Breakfast (courtesy of Terraflex)
9-12 PM: Full Tread Lightly Course
12-1 PM: Lunch - bring your own
2-4 PM: Advanced spotting and driving: on-course practice with Marc and Scott
4-5 PM: Recap and Review: how to get involved, tread lightly recap, land-use orgs

??>>1:00 PM : Depart for home. Possible unofficial trail ride after.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
Gangster in this context = a positive affirmation of the concept. It's very difficult for me to confirm attendance weeks in advance but I will put a pin in it.

Venture13

Looks fun, I might only come down Saturday to try out my new and improved hybrid shocks. Will we be able to jump our rigs on the track?

sixstringsteve

We will be on the rockcrawling course, not on the Ultra 4 track. I'll have Kurt check with John at Miller, but last time they didn't want us getting TOO crazy.

Venture13

Too crazy.. ha ha Ah, jumping is no biggy.. right I am down for a little flexing. Thinking about helping out at KOH, so I wanted to cycle my shocks before I got there.

sixstringsteve

for the next one we're thinking of going along the pony express trail and having stations that you drive to and learn new stuff at each station. Should be a fun format, but not much rockcrawling.