question of wheelin and your better half

O'neal

?????????
Just curious on how everyone else's other half react's with the addictive 4wheeling bug?
I've got to catch my wife in a good mood before I do anything or ask for part's or I get the third degree.

Should have seen the look on her face when she caught me in the garage with the sawzall halfway thru the compcut on the zuk yesterday...priceless:rofl:

She does'nt understand why I do what I do and why a vehicle need's mod's in order to make it more capable.For the record my wife enjoy's going out as much as I do and is willing to drive anytime.

I hear in my head all the time "You drive me crazy but I still love you".......:cool:

projektdotnet

Cruiserhead
"when the bills are paid you can work on your cruiser" is about her reaction...oh and she wants me to hurry and finish mine when I've got money and buy hers lol

BlackDog

one small mod at a time
mine didn't get it, anything more than a fire road, and she was pissed. Heck, I even bought her her own, we had matching broncos, hers (my original) was white, honey of a machine, on 33's, and mine (red-still have at least for now) was weaker, but did okay... took her out in hers and rode shotgun while she articulated, and crawled, expanded her horizons, but still didn't get it, had no interest...

Guess thats and added bonus of the Ex in front of the wife part. Way way way more than that led to the divorce obviously, but that was a perq.

lewis

Fight Till You Die
Mine is always refering to it as my truck, and so I have to keep reminding her its our truck cause your going to ride in it to.;)

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I feel really lucky. My wife is very supportive of my fabbin' / crawling habits. :D

Even though she is one of those wierd dirt bike riders. :handlebars:

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
My experience is that they tend to like it for a while, maybe a season. Then it just tapers off and they wonded why they don't see you as much because you keep going out wheeling:rolleyes: Even though you ask them. You gotta find a girl that wants to go and spend the time or else you'll ahev a hard time. She kept referring to the new buggy as the other girlfriend, and not in a funny way:rofl:

notajeep

Just me
You just have to convince them that you are building the new buggy for them to drive because you love them sooooo much.

It worked for me! :greg:

soda blaster

Mine is fine with it just as long as I don't ask her to go she wants nothing to do with it. She gets scared when i turn around on the boat dock so climbing a rock forget it.

Bucking Bronco

Mine I think prefers me to be in the garage. What she can't stand is all the time I spend on the internet looking for parts or constantly clicking the new post button every 30 seconds. The only time I get crap for working in the garage is when she can't park in it then the tensions rise.

hammerhead

Junkyard Dog
My wife was born and raised on a Kansas farm so lean angle is just not in her vocabulary. She likes the outdoors but gets a bit freaked by steep stuff. Come to think of it Seth has some video on his site of her trying to climb the guardian/gatekeeper on wild west. She wheelied my cruiser high enough I was worried it would go over so I told her to clutch it. She did but forgot to hit the brake and came bouncing back down squealing the whole way. She squealed again when she saw that Seth had posted the vid for the world to see.

She's ok with me spending time in the shop. She married a gearhead and she knows it.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
As long as there is no camping involved, my wife enjoys coming along. She realizes that the Samurai is more or less my sole vice. So as long as I don't mind that she spends her money on crafty stuff, then she doesn't mind if I spend money on the Samurai.

Mine is fine with it just as long as I don't ask her to go she wants nothing to do with it. She gets scared when i turn around on the boat dock so climbing a rock forget it.

Ditto that.

It scares her. I do my thing, she does hers and it works out good. She enjoys the time at home alone. At home? Right. Let me rephrase that...She enjoys the time alone. I take the boys. As far as spending money on it...as long as the bills are paid, she doesn't care (as much).

I wish she enjoyed it, but she doesn't, and thank God she doesn't force me to do things with her that I hate.

Brett (married 18 years)

I'm very fortunate, my husband loves rock crawling almost as much as I do. He's also very adept at keeping the girl in optimum working condition, another plus. ;) And to top it all off, he bought me an amazing tow rig! I know, quite the keeper...:greg:

kyojin

Two words. Separate finances. We both have full time jobs and split the bills. What is left after that is our own discretion to spend it on whatever we want. I buy Jeep stuff while she spends her money on scrapbooking. She likes to drive sometimes when we go. Depends on the difficulty of the trail. She's done mineral basin, forrest lake, rattlesnake, and fins and things.

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
i am one of the luckiest guys in the world. i think lisa enjoys it more than i do. she wants me to work on it, she doesnt mind spending money on it(when we have it) she loves to go wheeling and she doesnt mind walking and taking pics.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
My wife loves coming with me. She may get a little scared of the steep stuff, but she loves being outside, and seeing new territory.