Quick (hopefully) TBI 350 swap in my "Jeep"

Bart

No worries, just glad to hear you got it going.

Piece of shit lives! Had a neighbor with a lonely van TBI 350 throttle body (thanks for the offer Bart!). TOTALLY different lower part of the throttle body on the van unit. Just swapped the upper part onto the pickup lower out of my Jeep.
Runs fairly well? We’ll see if it starts tomorrow. Need to get the flex plate inspection cover on and tie up a few more loose ends. PCV crap and such.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Piece of shit lives! Had a neighbor with a lonely van TBI 350 throttle body (thanks for the offer Bart!). TOTALLY different lower part of the throttle body on the van unit. Just swapped the upper part onto the pickup lower out of my Jeep.

Runs fairly well? We’ll see if it starts tomorrow. Need to get the flex plate inspection cover on and tie up a few more loose ends. PCV crap and such.

That's good to hear.

We probably need a shake down run for you and Bart before safari... :D Just to be safe!

Bart

That is definitely on my list in a couple of weeks. I'm pulling my grill off and plan to shoot some color on it, the new fenders, a new windshield frame, and hopefully my hood this next week. Then I can put everything back together and work on the body and hopefully paint it before EJS.

That's good to hear.
We probably need a shake down run for you and Bart before safari... :D Just to be safe!

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
That is definitely on my list in a couple of weeks. I'm pulling my grill off and plan to shoot some color on it, the new fenders, a new windshield frame, and hopefully my hood this next week. Then I can put everything back together and work on the body and hopefully paint it before EJS.

Funny, I was thinking I wanted to redo my hood like it should be (I do need to focus on the MJ though) and shoot some paint as well.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
looking for an excuse to ride around with the top off, so just say when

Sorry Little Sahara guys, I don't have much interest in the dunes...

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I have a hood louver that I need to install on my LJ which means I have to take it off the jeep... sounds like a hoods off run needs to be planned!