Trip Report Quick weekend Moab trip.

Pile of parts

I had a chance to take a friend and his son to Moab over the weekend. I really debated on the Memorial Run in Sand Hollow, and it looked like a great time! However, this was fun to help introduce two new people to the sport. (They'll be sorry 🤣)

The dad is into hot rods and classic cars but his son never took much interest in them. A little over a year ago the son picked up an LJ and loves working on it. I took them on a quick trip up Rattlesnake a year ago and they seemed to have fun. About 6 months ago his dad picked up another LJ. He told me he would do anything his son had interest in and was so happy to be spending time in the shop with him working on the Jeeps.

Anyway, we put together a "newbie" trip and ran Hell's Revenge and the last half of Fins on Saturday. On Sunday, we ran Poison Spider up to the Wedgie and back down. It was fun to watch their excitement and progression as the trip went on. Nice to see the amazement on their faces when they saw what they and their, basically stock, Jeeps would do.20221106_093922.jpg

20221106_094153.jpg20221106_103015.jpg

Pile of parts

I went down in one of the hot tubs - knowing I wouldn't get out.... There was a lot of water!
I gave it a couple of half hearted attempts but was not going to put on a show for the crowd at my expense. Fun anyway!

Last edited: