Qwest?

Corban_White

So, I am currently using Digis for my internet and have been reasonably happy with it. I pay $30 a month for 1.5 Mb down and about 600 Kb up. A few weeks ago a Qwest rep came to the door telling me they had recently upgraded the network in my area and I could now get up to 40 Mb down with 5? Mb up. With no home phone and a 2 year price guarantee it will cost me $50 a month. I am really considering switching because the speed would be very nice since my wife works part time from home. I have just read thru all the old threads on ISPs and most people are saying that qwest sucks, just not as bad as comcast. :rofl: I have chatted with a customer service rep who was very helpful and answered all my questions. It seems like the way to go to me. Anyone have anything to say to the contrary?

BTW, here is the price breakdown for the 2 year price guarantee:

http://www.qwest.com/residential/internet/broadbandlanding/price_protection_popup.html

Brad J

We were on Digis for several years & we're very happy with the reliability and price but not the speed. When qwest was available we jumped on with the 12 MB connection. We kept having problems with the bill going up $5-$10 a month. I kept calling in but got someone who said it would stay put now. It reached $125 for Phone and Internet & I called back in & they said that someone had set it up to have us pay for 2 DSL plans & phone. They corrected it and the price is staying where it should now. The thing I hate most about qwest is that everytime I call in for anything they set us up for Voicemail with out ever saying anything. We got bumped up to the 20M connection & are happy right now. We did have it go out for a week so I got Digis back temporarily at that point but the speed dropped to 100k on it before cancelling it. Sorry for rambling and there is my 2 cents.

Corban_White

So, I got it all setup tonight and man is it ever SMOKIN!!! :cool: :cool: I do have a question for those who are more network savvy than me (not hard to achieve). When I am plugged in to the modem I am getting about 37 Mbps download. :cool: However when I am on the wireless I can only get about 13-15. I assume this is a function of my computers wireless card? Is there anything I can do to improve it other than upgrading to N? G should be good to 54 Mbps right? Thanks in advance. :)