Race Canned Ham.

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
Just found out this forum had a atv section. Im building a new best in the desert stock Can Am at the moment and thought yall would like to see it. I was going to do this build last winter but the Chinavirus delayed that. Now we got a month and a half to build the car for the Vegas to Reno race.
The team already has a two seat car that i have dont major repairs on over the years of it racing and they decided they wanted another car to add to the fleet.

This time around we started with a the new prerunner 4 seat cann am that we stole a bunch of parts off of at the baja and it has sat since. We started this build last week by cutting every thing off and building seat mounts to start.

106105469_729398307898766_2882479320831957162_n.jpg106250346_852797855243946_3289462902915720679_n.jpg106588308_272181367399319_5470264261476831969_n.jpg106992120_219810945727730_5937830615859521745_n.jpg107048573_316866573037200_7166121831164779116_n.jpg

Last edited:

Coco

Yep, glad you posted this. I'll enjoy watching. :)
As am I. I wanted to post mine (maybe I still will?) but mine is no where near as cool as this one. I wish you lived closer to me Cory, I want to check out the bare bones chassis on the Can Am (I know this is a 4 seater compared to my 2 seat RC, but gives me a general idea) to see what I would be getting in to stretch mine. I will eventually need the room for rugrats, but I won't buy a 4 seater, they are a bus!

I cam across this one day, and fell in love with the idea. I love my RC, and it has added benefits over the other machines, so I eventually plan to stretch mine when that time comes closer.

*sorry for hte hi-jack, carry on. I love the build so far!

Attachments

• IMG-1219.JPG
    IMG-1219.JPG
    439.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG-2307.JPG
    IMG-2307.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 38

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
As am I. I wanted to post mine (maybe I still will?) but mine is no where near as cool as this one. I wish you lived closer to me Cory, I want to check out the bare bones chassis on the Can Am (I know this is a 4 seater compared to my 2 seat RC, but gives me a general idea) to see what I would be getting in to stretch mine. I will eventually need the room for rugrats, but I won't buy a 4 seater, they are a bus!

I cam across this one day, and fell in love with the idea. I love my RC, and it has added benefits over the other machines, so I eventually plan to stretch mine when that time comes closer.

*sorry for hte hi-jack, carry on. I love the build so far!

Move down to gods country.

It would be easy to stretch. From what i can tell all they did to make a 4 seater on the sub frame was add another section of frame. The tubes i colored are the exact same tubes just doubled up. The front green tube even has the factory 2 seat carrier bearing mount even though its not used on the 4 seater. The rear green tube has the carrier mount so it looks like they just extended the front shaft. I think the wiring harness would be the biggest pain. the drive line lengthen is pretty straight forward.

Ideally we would like the wheelbase for a desert car right in the middle, the 2 seater is just too short and this 4 seater is way long. I think it was a 134" wb on this 4 seater. They race in the stock class and we cant change the suspension mounts or dimensions is pretty much the only rules. Can Am puts up bigger prize money and glory in the stock class.
106703080_2800205293534299_5766276795155960805_n.jpg

Last edited:

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
Other than the bulkhead structure, how much of the chasis is factory?

What ever black is old and what ever shiny is new 🤷‍♂️. I plan on cutting out and replacing the dash and the tubes under the engine and thats about it as far as whats getting cut out. All the suspension pivots will get replaced or plated. i had replaced pretty much all the all the pivots and tubery around the suspension on the old car. The old car had the trailing mount tube completely rip out at speed. These golf karts are made out of paper like .060 wall tube and plate and have terrible triangulation in the tube work. I cant believe that much plastic can cost so much.

Coco

Move down to gods country.

*I heard Blake Shelton singing as I read that*. Really though, if it wouldn't have been a complete pickup and transfer for us, that definitely could have been an option.

These golf karts are made out of paper like .060 wall tube and plate and have terrible triangulation in the tube work. I cant believe that much plastic can cost so much.

Yep, thats my complaint too. I have also been really curious on maybe even just building a chassis from the ground up. That may be more than I would like to be involved in, but would be pretty cool.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I disagree with your use of angle iron. ;)

What's with the hole in each tube? Is that to vent pressure while you're welding?

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
I disagree with your use of angle iron. ;)

What's with the hole in each tube? Is that to vent pressure while you're welding?

Angle iron is in right now as far as race car fab is concerned. Ya its to vent the tube. You can get away from not venting tube if your mig welding it but when it comes to tig once you try to finish a weld with the other side already welded shut the gasses will force themselves out of your pretty weld. More clever folks will just drill the vents into the tube they are covering this way all the tubes are vented into each other needing only one real vent but i really dont care on this car and have seen it both ways a lot.

Coco

Looking awesome!

I am excited to see how it looks with the plastics back on it.

Hey, show a little love, SXS's need love too... :D