Race Canned Ham.

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
We had the clutch tuned the day before the race and didnt get any real miles on the car after that. Well the car went into limp mode not long after starting the race. It got to pit one and the clutch vent hose clamp was not tightened and the vent had come off. We checked the clutch and the new belt was already coming apart so they changed the clutch and belt at pit one. By pit 3 (less than 100 miles) they had lost the brakes, we topped the resi off and seen it leaking out of a rear caliper. They tried some sponsored Big vented rotor set up and quad cylinder calipers on this car which proved to be detrimental. The vented rotors sandblast the calipers till it wore a deep enough groove to leak fluid through the cross chamber connecting the cylinders. We took off the one that was leaking and i put a bolt in the banjo hole in the line to cap it and off they went. We got to pit 5 and met up with the zrp guys whos days was already over due to a lost ecu. They stripped the calipers and rotors off their car while we waited for our car to show up. Our car lost some front diff bolts that had to be repaired on the course by the drive wich took just enough time for us to have all the brake parts they needed. They showed up and we swapped the new rear brake setup on asswell as a new set of tires as the rims were totally sandblasted and scratched from the amount of sand getting flung in there getting wedged between the caliper and rim. The fronts were looking okay but they dont pick up nearly as much dust as the rears. we swapped drivers and the next driver drove 300 miles problem free. They crossed the finish line at 5am the next day. The spare car got rented out and knocked a boulder around rm 400 tearing a control arm in half.
Other than the that the car could use some shock tuning and some better seats is the only complaint i heard but thats to be expected for getting the shakedown during the race. They didnt blow a single tire the whole time this race. last year they went through 3-4.

Coco

I love the recap! Even with the bad luck, it would be a good time being on a pit crew I would think... Bucket list item.. Double bucket list item is to race something like this ha.