Radios? VHF or CB what are you using?

WILDHAIR225

Ok, I picked up a CB now I need an antenna. I was going to do a fire stick fiber glass one but what lenght should I be looking for? it will be mounted on the back of my Suburban.

Tonkaman

Ok, I picked up a CB now I need an antenna. I was going to do a fire stick fiber glass one but what lenght should I be looking for? it will be mounted on the back of my Suburban.
Someone smarter than me will chime in, but I would just make sure there is about 2’ sticking above the roof of the rig. So if your mounting point is 2’ below the roof get a 4’ long antenna leaving the other 2’ sticking up.

Bart

I have 2 different lengths, a shorter one for Moab and local trails, and a longer one for Sand Hollow so I can fly a flag without having to add another mount for the off road park.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I run a magmount on the roof so that I can get home and take it off the rig and not advertise that there's pawnable CB/ham equipment in my truck to every tweaker that drives by my house.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor

thenag

I am sure there are better and cheaper places to get CB parts but Flying J or most truck stops have a pretty decent selection of antennas and parts, including Firestick.

I have one of these quick connects on my Jeep and my Super Duty. The antenna for the truck stores nicely between the rear seat and the window, the Jeep antenna usually stays in the shop, one of these days I am sure I will get to Maob and realize I don't have my antenna...
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...VlYl-Ch2djg5sEAQYAiABEgKzNvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Nathan