"Rather than point fingers, let's work towards results"

Mug

PHORmerly
Anyone else think we've got enough info and motivation from the other thread yet?

I DECLARE THIS THREAD: Discusion free for issues that the Utah Four Wheel Drive Association may have. It is for the RME community (U4 Members or not) to volunteer and sign up for U4WDA assignments or help fill requests. First we will need to know what the U4 Board or other U4 members want done.

No whining. No politics. Just forward looking, motivational dialogue.

Kurt, I'll start with yours.
Todd, would you be interested in being the project leader for the 'Central East: Tooele, Juab, Beaver and Millard Counties'? If so PM me your mailing address.

We also need someone to cover the 'Central West: Daggett, Duchesne, Uintah, Sanpete, Carbon, Sevier, Emery, Piute and Wayne Counties' - Any takers?

For the noobies (incl myself), please include as much info on each assignment as possible.

Thanks,
Marshall
UTAH Powder Coatings

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
There are two assignments open.

1. Get the CD's from Todd to me. Pay based on qualifications. Need reliable, resourceful applicant familiar with putting a stamp on an envelop or delivering items.

2. Someone to cover We also need someone to cover the 'Central West: Daggett, Duchesne, Uintah, Sanpete, Carbon, Sevier, Emery, Piute and Wayne Counties'. Frankly if you don't know anything about these regions, then I don't have the time to hold your hand through the process. Said process is simple, look at SRP CD, compare against anything and everything you can find on the area, books, maps, local input, clubs, etc.

Don B

formerly rebarguy
Thank You.

#1. August 8th. Take Back Utah Rally to the Capitol
Put it on your calender, be there
#2. Sept. 26th. National Public Lands Day
Put it on your calender, whatever projects are planned, be there.

I have volunteered to be U4's Land Use Director and if I am put into this position, one of the projects will be to reinstate the project we started a few years back to have someone local be in contact with every public land management agency in the State. When that project gets going we will be requesting volunteers from around the State to be those contact persons. Stay tuned

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
...#2. Sept. 26th. National Public Lands Day
Put it on your calender, whatever projects are planned, be there....

Any word on individual project yet? I know there is a project in the works for AF Canyon by a user group. Assuming other clubs will be doing their own projects again this year.

RME. Whats our project for NPLD 2009, in the past RME has rocked a cleanup at 5MP specifically RS/Con our adopted trails. Shall that become tradition again for 2009? If not sooner it would be a great time to clean/paint the RS trail sign and re-install the soon to be painted Con sign. We still need to decide what to do paint wise with the Con sign and there is no reason it can't be installed sooner, however it might make a great project for NPLD too. Who will take lead on RME's official NPLD project? - Description, do what it takes to get the job done including fundraising, project planning, volunteer allotment, etc. No hand holding here.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
RME. Whats our project for NPLD 2009, in the past RME has rocked a cleanup at 5MP specifically RS/Con our adopted trails. Shall that become tradition again for 2009? If not sooner it would be a great time to clean/paint the RS trail sign and re-install the soon to be painted Con sign. We still need to decide what to do paint wise with the Con sign and there is no reason it can't be installed sooner, however it might make a great project for NPLD too. Who will take lead on RME's official NPLD project? - Description, do what it takes to get the job done including fundraising, project planning, volunteer allotment, etc. No hand holding here.

I've handled NPLD at 5MP in years past and will continue to put it together for 2009.

I would like to keep the NPLD work at 5MP separate from maint. for the trails, I think we will get more cleaning up done, which 5MP desperately needs, each and every year.

I think we should put together a fundraiser for the re-installment of the Constrictor sign and raise some money for buck and pole to block off illegal bypasses. I wouldn't mind starting that now, with a plan to reinstall and build the fencing later in the Summer, perhaps when it starts cooling down again, but before NPLD.

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
Any word on individual project yet? I know there is a project in the works for AF Canyon by a user group. Assuming other clubs will be doing their own projects again this year.

MFFW will be doing some major repairs to the dugway leading up to Widow Maker on the Metal Masher trail for NPLD. If we can get enough volunteers, we will schedule multiple projects for the same day. Anyone that is in Moab then and would like to help can contact me through www.moabfriendsforwheelin.com.

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
Kurt, Dirt Hedz will be either doing our annual NPLD at Soldier Pass, or more than likely Mineral Basin, if we can get enough volunteers, I'm hoping to have groups at both locations.

I sent you a pm about the SP&R Trail CD.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Kurt, Dirt Hedz will be either doing our annual NPLD at Soldier Pass, or more than likely Mineral Basin, if we can get enough volunteers, I'm hoping to have groups at both locations.

Nice. Bear is there someone at U4 that can get working on marking down all the different projects and getting a page built on U4's site for NPLD like has been done in years past? I don't need to know what every club is doing, it was more a question to get everyone thinking about their NPLD plans. However they need to be on the U4 website and possible in the next Compass so folks can start planning where they will attend and know which projects will be underway. Thusfar I've heard nothing about NPLD with the exception of those replying in this thread.

I sent you a pm about the SP&R Trail CD.

Got it, I'm in wait mode until I have a CD to review.

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
Nice. Bear is there someone at U4 that can get working on marking down all the different projects and getting a page built on U4's site for NPLD like has been done in years past?

I will see what I can do, if not me then I will get someone to "willingly" volunteer.;)

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Discs are in hand (thanks Todd), give me a day or two to feel them out and develop some kind of submission process for any missing trails we find and I'll be in touch.