RC Car for 8 yr old?

Kirk

Hey guys - I know I am asking about a lower cost market that what you guys focus on, but I am looking to get my 8 yr old some type of an RC car/truck for Christmas. He also has a 6 yr old brother that will probably have to get something similar.....

They would be happy with a rock crawler (slow) or a faster one... I would like to stay below $100.00 (since they will probably break whatever they get)

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Kirk

B2-Bomber

my 4 year old has an axial scx-10 honcho. they are beefy, fast enough for him to enjoy it, and slow enough that they can't slam into things at 40mph and break parts. it "crawls like daddy's truck" and it is serviceable for what wears/breaks

stampedes, slashes, and the like are faster than they are strong. you will be spending a c-note every time they drive them unless your kids are better drivers than the truck is fast

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
My 7 y.o. boy's Stampede has been fantastic. Put the speed controller on "training mode" for the first bit, that limits its speed to 50%. Upgrade the caster blocks with aluminum ones, since they'll break....other than that and a bent suspension pin, I've bought a front bumper for it. Probably $40 in parts total so far, not including the extra battery and fast charger you're sure to want. :D He's had it since last Christmas.

Toad

What ever you buy make sure that it can be fixed when it gets broken. I remember as a kid I always broke mine after 2 months and they were garbage. Now I have a couple of modded slashes. I break them everytime I play with them but at least they can be fixed.