Rear 4 link crossmember for xj

Freeman Jeep

I have got just about everything for a 4 link build on the rear of my jeep but I'm kinda stumped on how to do the link mounts on the the body side. Anybody have ideas or wisdom to be shared i would be thankful haha

Badger

I am the Brute squad
This is what my crossmember looked like

Recoverd_jpg_file%25283051%2529.jpg

Recoverd_jpg_file%25285109%2529.jpg

It wouldn't have hurt to have some more separation at the frame side but I didn't want to go through the floor.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Weren't you going to use the outer front leaf spring mount for the lowers? I don't remember. If so you wouldn't be the first I have seen that had that idea.

There are plenty of better builds then mine. I would have changed a good bit of what I did.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
If I ever build one I'm going to make the lowers level with the frame and with a lot of triangulation. The uppers will be in the back seat foot area like rockmonkey's. That being said I've been planning it for a long time but can't commit to it cause the leafs work and I've seen too many rear link swaps that make the rig perform worse

Badger

I am the Brute squad
As said above it would have had the uppers moved up into the floor area just under the seats like Rockmonkey's. It would have been double triangulated instead of single.