Recovery Help Solicited

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I'm in!
Right now I'm in Dillon, MT on my way home from Spokane. I should be home tomorrow afternoon and will be available to help afterwards. I have to pick up my wife at the airport Friday @ 6pm, and I can't be late - she has has been gone for 3 months and want's to be home. I think early morning is best, that way we have time to recover it before the sun starts going down and leaving us all up there in the dark. But whatever.... If you don't get it out tonight, let me know!!!

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I'm in!
Right now I'm in Dillon, MT on my way home from Spokane. I should be home tomorrow afternoon and will be available to help afterwards. I have to pick up my wife at the airport Friday @ 6pm, and I can't be late - she has has been gone for 3 months and want's to be home. I think early morning is best, that way we have time to recover it before the sun starts going down and leaving us all up there in the dark. But whatever.... If you don't get it out tonight, let me know!!!

Spontaneous rig-recoveries don't get fun until it gets dark!

I just dropped in from the hunting forum. You guys are awesome!!! Real minute men at a scary time for this guy. Thanks for coming to the rescue of one of our bro's.

Have a good one.

Robb

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I just dropped in from the hunting forum. You guys are awesome!!! Real minute men at a scary time for this guy. Thanks for coming to the rescue of one of our bro's.

Have a good one.

Robb

We have some great people on here that seem to always be willing to help out anybody in need. Oddly enough, these same people are sick enough to think this kind of stuff is fun! And I can't blame them, it is fun! :D

Welcome to RME!

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Spontaneous rig-recoveries don't get fun until it gets dark!

Becoming a popsicle isn't my idea of 'fun'. My idea of fun: The hot 20 year old waitress that needs a spanking, and is requesting it. ;) Pritchett canyon with 5 of your buds, and you 6 are the only ones on the trail AND it's 75 degrees with no bugs out, no wind and no rain. Etc, etc.... :D

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
We have some great people on here that seem to always be willing to help out anybody in need. Oddly enough, these same people are sick enough to think this kind of stuff is fun! And I can't blame them, it is fun! :D

Welcome to RME!

x2
I don't know what it is, or why it is, but it is definately a good time for me. I think it's the getting out and hangin' with your buds!

Bone Down

let me know if you need extra set of hands or an anchor jeep should this not get done tonight.

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
x2
I don't know what it is, or why it is, but it is definately a good time for me. I think it's the getting out and hangin' with your buds!

My take is it's because each of us have been in his position at one time or another & understand the desperate need for help. :eek:

I agree though, it's way cool to see the members of RME stepping up to the plate to help this guy out of a sticky situation. If I were in Utah, I'd be out there getting my winch ready to pull too!

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
My son has my expedition with the winch but I have his xj and my camera if this is going to happen today!!! I would love to be part of this...
Call me John 307-679-1275

Bone Down

I can most likely pull away during the day today, let me know.
I have not much in terms of recovery equipment, but I can lend a hand in some form I am sure.

12 Volt Man

:)

Looks like they made it home at 3:00am

Fellas, the truck is home safe and sound... it took us about six hours but we got her out. Thank goodness for the willingness of the guys at RME to help... they are AWESOME!!! Called Big Sarge, he said to let him work on it and sure enough a guy named Brett called me back and said he could get off to go get it last night and there was another guy that had the day off and was EXCITED to go get my truck... I don't get it... must be like the saying,.... its a Jeep thing. But thanks to the tons of offers for help. Anyone but the three guys with jeeps that went back in there probably would have wound up getting stuck anyway... it was like driving through super slick pudding on the bottoms and then on the top where there was snow, the going was slow but doable with their big rigs and four low. It took a long time to winch my truck up out of the bottom of this draw that I was hung up in but after that, we just towed her straight out to the main road and they cut me loose with one guy behind me and we just kinda crept down the hill. Brett, Bart, and Chuck.... you guys are all studs. I haven't received my member confirmation email for the RME forum so if you guys want to repost this over there, be my guest.... I just can't say enough how much I appreciate everyones willingness to help me get out of a terrible situation... it was really a mess. My extreme thanks goes out to Toby, the guy from Mapleton City for the ride out last night and to Dustin and Stacey for being up there with me through the whole process. The guys on this forum rock and everyone on RME.... I owe you guys. If any of you folks are looking to donate to offroad organizations, the ones that are involved with and help set these guys up may be just the ticket... they're lifesavers, thats no doubt!!