Recovery rig thoughts

LT.

More progress! It may seem like a small thing and nothing to it but, it isn't. Cheston was able to squeeze 10 pounds of crap in a five pound sack. Christine is inside his garage/shop. This is a huge acomplishment as Christine is over 7' tall and she was compressed under a standard garage door. I think a comparision about giving birth is in order.

LT.

LT.

Christine just made the voyage home behind Rosie on thursday eveing/friday morning. The first thing I did was put a camper shell for a newer model chevy S-10 on the bed rails. It is pretty amazing how close it is to being perfect. After unloading a bunch of parts and putting them in my locker at the shop, I started a small list. After the GMC has its transmission and exhaust done Christine will see some attention.

LT.

LT.

How's this thing coming along rob?

It isn't. In fact this project has sat idle for so long it may be up for sale. As of right now I have 8 trucks and I don't need or want that many. My little girl and I want to go to the Power Tour next year so, with that in mind, I may get out of the off road world all together. Right now I am looking for a 60's muscle car instead. Between the Beater and Christine and I am really sick of just having the vehicles sit.

LT.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
It isn't. In fact this project has sat idle for so long it may be up for sale. As of right now I have 8 trucks and I don't need or want that many. My little girl and I want to go to the Power Tour next year so, with that in mind, I may get out of the off road world all together. Right now I am looking for a 60's muscle car instead. Between the Beater and Christine and I am really sick of just having the vehicles sit.

LT.

:(

Nothing wrong with being burned out or feeling a little overwhelmed with too many projects / vehicles, but I would suggest that you hang onto at least one of your 4x4's so that you're not totally out of the hobby and you can still have something to wheel if the desire does come back at some point.

LT.

:(

Nothing wrong with being burned out or feeling a little overwhelmed with too many projects / vehicles, but I would suggest that you hang onto at least one of your 4x4's so that you're not totally out of the hobby and you can still have something to wheel if the desire does come back at some point.

I hear ya. I still have my 1975 GMC K-25, 1977 Chevy K-10, 2008 Dodge Hemi 1500. The two square bodies are for my girls. I want to keep my girls with me when I do motor sports events but, I am not comfortable with having them in the trucks while wheeling. My driving skills are not all that great. I do build some wicked motors (at least I think I do anyhow) and the idea of going to cruises with a muscle car seem a little bit more safe than extreme four wheeling. So, I am going to list both Christine and the Beater up for sale. My girls and I are now looking for a 1966 or 1967 Chevelle.

I still have four wheel drive vehicles and I may return to more extreme wheeling once my girls get older but, for now, I am going a different direction.

LT.

LT.

Progress started up on Christine again today. Nothing drastic but, i did reset the rear shackle brackets, removed a couple of bracket off the frame, removed the rear shocks, set the fuel cell, and looked for another set of lug nuts. Unable to find the lug nuts locally so, i will order some. Not a bad bit of work for just a couple of hours.

LT.

LT.

Christine made a journey behind Rosie all the way to Idaho last weekend. Just a little over 2,000 miles round trip. Christine is going to be getting worked on by a buddy who is needing some work. I needed to get stuff done and honestly I am too ignorant to know what parts to use and how to get her all back together and running. I will update as they come available.

LT.

LT.

Wow, has this thing really been sitting this long?

A couple of weekends ago I made a trip back to my old stomping grounds. I had bought a 24 circut hot rod harness from Painless Performance in an effort to rewire the entire truck. I also wanted to get her running for the first time. FIRST TIME! Yeah, that engine was built and installed by a buddy back in 2010 maybe? I can't remember anyways, it had never been lit. So, yeah, the slowest truck built trophy goes to.........

So, a word from the wise, painless performance wiring harnesses are NOT painless. Not when it is a generic (I.e. does not fit anything) harness anyways.

And what was I thinking that i could get her running and rewire the entire truck? Wow! Was that a stupid goal or what?

Oddly enough the truck in totally rewired and she does start and run. She even idles.

I will try and post some pictures.

Attachments

• 49202.jpeg
    49202.jpeg
    253.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 49201.jpeg
    49201.jpeg
    249 KB · Views: 26
  • 49200.jpeg
    49200.jpeg
    279.1 KB · Views: 27

LT.

For some reason video clips will not load.

I also replaced the ignition switch, turn signal switch, and rebuilt every other switch in her. I had a ton of help. My brothers Martin, John, and Liam. To be honest i dont think I did any work. I was suffering from major headaches due to altitude. I guess i should say all the switches were rebuilt, truck rewired, running, and i did almost none of it. My brothers honestly did it all.

LT.

This truck is now home and done. There are always things that I need/ want changed. I have some of the parts I will be changing. Axles, wheels, tires, bump up the compression ratio, etc.

Baja

Attachments

• 1122211239b_HDR.jpg
    1122211239b_HDR.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 33
  • 1122211239a_HDR.jpg
    1122211239a_HDR.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 1122211239_HDR.jpg
    1122211239_HDR.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 1122211238b_HDR.jpg
    1122211238b_HDR.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 30
  • 1122211238a_HDR.jpg
    1122211238a_HDR.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 1122211238_HDR.jpg
    1122211238_HDR.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 1122211237_HDR.jpg
    1122211237_HDR.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 33

LT.

Sorry I haven't been on the board much these last few years. Losing a job, moving, family, selling a house, renting, buying a new house, starting over, and losing all the things I used to love doing has been tough. There is no wheeling around here except for the mud. Never had I seen mud like there is here. Mega trucks are all over here and I have seen them stuck. I even changed my job duties. I am no longer an Lt. These days I am just a gunner. MK19, 240, Mk48, M2, SAW, and still a DM.

I ended up changing a bunch of things. Especially hobbies. These days I have been building, assembling, and shooting a variety of new pieces. Some I have built and others are just assembled.

I guess I will never get out of building and making things with my hands. Some things have to change, and some things I am unable to change.

Anyways, I hope y'all are doin well, happy belated Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas to y'all.

Baja

LT.

The stepside has had to change rolls here lately. A few years ago I opened an off road recovery business. The stepside has done all of the recoveries except 1. The problem is she is a little light weight and often times I winch her into the the area where the other rig is stuck. That is why I bought the GMC dually that is on the trailer.

The new tires and wheels were delivered last week.

Attachments

• 0317241749.jpg
    0317241749.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 0308241311.jpg
    0308241311.jpg
    375.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 0310241233.jpg
    0310241233.jpg
    342.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 0308241311b.jpg
    0308241311b.jpg