Dana 44

Suspension-
3" Mopar Lift, Fox Shocks

Wheels and Tires-
37's

Winch-
Smittybilt 12k

Favorite Trails-
Patterson Pass, North end of Pilot Peak, Coal Wash/Devil's Racetrack, Book Cliffs, White Rocks (by Dugway)

Other-

State of Utah DNR Trail Host, owned the Jeep 2 months, 5000 miles of offroading on the ODO!75398190_10221147414178632_3603983628750553088_o.jpg70977122_10220646275050467_6706054871029645312_n.jpg75593887_10221114884565412_379198835747979264_n.jpg

BruteForce

Nice! Welcome. I'm in South Jordan too.
I'm interested in what's out by White Rocks. I used to be pretty familiar with the area and have covered many of the roads. Is there an actual trail or are you just exploring?

We were trying to find a 100% offroad route from SoJo to Wendover. We think we found a route that banks South and toward Gold Hill, but the brush was too thick and we're not quite ready for desert pinstriping. I'll be headed back that way on ATV to further explore the route we believe we found that heads SW from White Rocks..

A few weeks prior, we ran up/over the top of Butterfield, toward Vernon, around the Pony Express through Simpson Springs, Fish Springs, Callao, Gold Hill and into Wendover. Mostly high speed gravel/dirt road, but the amount of fresh water out there was amazing! From Wendover, we went due north, up/over Patterson pass (north end of Pilot Range), to the Sun Tunnels, Lucin, Devil's Playground and over to Zaqistan..

Edited: Since you live in SoJo, no doubt you've seen my daily driver truck:

1574804504477.png

Last edited:

xjtony

I work out on Dugway, and all over the west desert. Pick up a Benchmark road and recreation atlas. There are hundreds of miles of roads and trails out here. Lots of old mining ruins and stuff to see as well. The Benchmarks are pretty comprehensive and really show a lot of the roads.

BruteForce

I work out on Dugway, and all over the west desert. Pick up a Benchmark road and recreation atlas. There are hundreds of miles of roads and trails out here. Lots of old mining ruins and stuff to see as well. The Benchmarks are pretty comprehensive and really show a lot of the roads.

Concur. Some of my favorite ATV'ing (and now Jeep'ing) is in the far west and north/west desert. Wet lands, mining relics, homestead/settlements, interesting rock formations (like White Rocks), etc.

Saw some huge bucks in Skull Valley. There's some sort of ranch out there, fenced in with a ton of deer on it. Didn't stop to get a name, but it looked to be well maintained.

xjtony

Concur. Some of my favorite ATV'ing (and now Jeep'ing) is in the far west and north/west desert. Wet lands, mining relics, homestead/settlements, interesting rock formations (like White Rocks), etc.

Saw some huge bucks in Skull Valley. There's some sort of ranch out there, fenced in with a ton of deer on it. Didn't stop to get a name, but it looked to be well maintained.
The ranches are all owned by the Ensine cattle company. Huge outfit. There are a ton of deer and antelope in Skull Valley. At the north end of the Stansburys on the Skull Valley side there is a heard of big horn sheep where the mountains are rocky. Used to be several hundred, but there was a illness that ran through a few years ago, but there are still some up there. You can find them with decent glass playing on the mountain. There are even a few elk up high in Skull Valley. Out by Simpson springs there are normally several hundred wild horses, but the BLM just did a big round up out here, so it may take a while for them to group back up. Its amazed me how much water and wildlife there is out here. Horseshoe springs is kind of cool as well. About half way down Skull valley road. warm spring full of really big carp and some bass.

Pile of parts

The ranches are all owned by the Ensine cattle company. Huge outfit. There are a ton of deer and antelope in Skull Valley. At the north end of the Stansburys on the Skull Valley side there is a heard of big horn sheep where the mountains are rocky. Used to be several hundred, but there was a illness that ran through a few years ago, but there are still some up there. You can find them with decent glass playing on the mountain. There are even a few elk up high in Skull Valley. Out by Simpson springs there are normally several hundred wild horses, but the BLM just did a big round up out here, so it may take a while for them to group back up. Its amazed me how much water and wildlife there is out here. Horseshoe springs is kind of cool as well. About half way down Skull valley road. warm spring full of really big carp and some bass.
Yep. Ensign Ranches. Same group that owns land off of I-80 going up towards Evanston. They're part of the Freed family that owns Lagoon. However, I don't think the ranching side has any ownership in Lagoon or vice versa. My wife drew a CWMU Moose tag about 3 years ago on the land near Evanston.

Haven't been to Whiterocks in a few years but used to shoot a lot of doves and chukars out there. Had my first run in with a rattle snake and a lot of cool wild horse experiences.

Anyway, welcome to the site! I'll keep an eye out for your truck and Gladiator.

IMG_20161203_202403.jpg