Redbox review: TENDERNESS

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Iiiiiinnnteresting little movie here. Russell Crowe plays a cop hovering over a convicted killer, who is going to be set free. But what does "free" mean? Guy may or may not be about to kill someone else, and he is bird-dogging this kid to no end.
Alright, sounds like your typical low-grade thriller, psycho, cops, girls, remote locations, etc. But not so! This was a very nice little psychological thriller, and once again, I enjoyed the small scale of it, and the lack of in-your-face histrionics. Taut little sordid thriller.

I liked the sincerity of the acting, it was understated and engaging. I'll give this one 9 Tacoma points, and two thumbs up. Solid.

Swoop69

Another one to add to your must-see list, if you havent already is "Law Abiding Citizen". I didnt see any previews for this, but like Gerard Butler in most movies, so I gave it a shot. Man was I impressed! I was yelling at my TV through most of the movie! Loved every bit of it, 'cept the very end.

Also... I was in the mood one night for a really bad movie, not bad as in R rated (or worse), bad as in, no story, no acting, ect... so I picked up Zombieland. I was laughing throughout the whole movie. Top shelf in my book.

Swoop69

So I redbox'd this, per your suggestion.... It was crap. you owe me a dollar! Thanks for wasting 2 hours of my time...

that is the last time I take the word of some strange guy, that I have never met, on the internet!

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
So I redbox'd this, per your suggestion.... It was crap. you owe me a dollar! Thanks for wasting 2 hours of my time...

that is the last time I take the word of some strange guy, that I have never met, on the internet!

your talking about Tacoma.. shiz will be strange when Tacoma is involved :rofl:

Swoop69

Are we even talking about the same movie? Russell Crowe? girl runs away from home, sneaks in the back of the guys car?

Maybe I was expecting too much... when I define a movie as "good", usually it means that I would watch it again. not the case with this one...

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Are we even talking about the same movie? Russell Crowe? girl runs away from home, sneaks in the back of the guys car?

Maybe I was expecting too much... when I define a movie as "good", usually it means that I would watch it again. not the case with this one...

ahhhh. We are definitely grading on a different scale. Having seen nearly every movie that came out between '98 and "07 thanks to my work trips, I classify "good" movies as "those which were entertaining enough for me to pay attention to the screen and not think about whatever God-awful town I was stuck in" and "great" movies as "those I'd like to watch again", like Memento. :D