Reloaders

kyojin

Who else here reloads their own ammo? I've been reloading 9mm and .40 S&W for about a year. I just bought the dies and components to reload .223
I've been using a RCBS Rock Chucker. I'm looking at getting a Dillon Progressive 550b.

So what do you reload, how long have you been reloading, and what is your set up?

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
I use a Dillon 550b, they are great. I would recomend one for sure. I have been reloading for about 10 years, but I don't do it often enough. The other day I was sorting and cleaning brass in preperation for some more reloading this winter.

By the way, with the 550b I reload very cautiosly, I stop VERY often to check and double check and triple check the loads. I find that it keep my loads very consistant. And even with my slow methods I still put out 500+ rounds per once I am in the groove.

muleskinner

Who else here reloads their own ammo? I've been reloading 9mm and .40 S&W for about a year. I just bought the dies and components to reload .223
I've been using a RCBS Rock Chucker. I'm looking at getting a Dillon Progressive 550b.

So what do you reload, how long have you been reloading, and what is your set up?

I've been reloading for about 30 years. I have a couple Rock Chuckers, and a Hornady LNL. If I were you, I'd REALLY look into the Hornady before you buy the Dillon. Just youtube dillon vs hornady. (yes I've owned both) My .02

Grim

ive been reloading about 10 years , i also use the RCBS kit. 9mm, 45ACP, 45Long Colt, 30-30 , 270 , 30-06. i used to reload 12ga , but havent for a few years .

DAA

Been handloading about 30 years. None of my rifle barrels have ever had a single round of factory ammo fired in them. Actually, most of the rifles I use much anymore, there isn't any factory ammo made for them so handloading is required.

I use alot of different makes of equipment. The stuff I use most often though is mostly Redding and Forster dies, plus Harrell's powder dumps and Sinclair priming tools. An old Pacific single stage press is the one I use most. Never have gotten around to getting a progressive press, I just never have done much pistol shooting.

- DAA

kyojin

Wow we've got several very experienced reloaders here. I started reloading .223 last week. I started small with a few different loads and tested them last night. They all shot well and I'll start cranking them out now. Reloading is a great way to unwind and relax. Also a great way to save $$$ and not buy factory ammo.

It's great to see the reloading component supply increasing. For a while there it was non-existent.