Reloading...

Caleb

I've been reloading .223 for years, and have had everything to do 9mm for years. Since I've been shooting a ton of 9mm lately, I've decided to finally get my reloader setup for the 9mm loads. I've gone through my first 250 rounds and they worked great. Now my question for those that reload, where do you get your supplies?

For my first 250 rounds, I just went and bought most of my stuff from Scheels (bullets, powder, primers). I got the cases from an online shop, https://www.evergladesammo.com/. I know this stuff can be sourced cheaper than Scheels so what do the veteran reloaders say :D . Eventually I'd love to start casting my own bullets, but until then, I'm buying.

Caleb

Thanks! My first 250 rounds were Berry bullets, I liked them but given I'm just shooting at the range, was curious if there was a more economical option. I ordered 500 bullets from sns castings and will give them a shot, they were around $0.03-$0.04 per bullet cheaper than Berrys. When I've loaded .223 in the past, I've usually loaded a couple different bullets and powder combos and figure out what works best for the gun, sometimes I can't tell a difference, sometimes it's obvious.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Watch for the no hazardous fee sales with powder valley and buy in bulk. Brownells can be good too. I shoot a lot of berry's and have been eyeing hard cast molds lately for fun.

gary78bronco

Agreed. There was a place in salt lake area. that was casting and coating bullets, But they went out of business. It was h & s bullets. I have shot quite a few of his and they were great for plinking. What press did you go with? I would also keep an eye out on ksl for bullets and brass.

Caleb

What press did you go with?

I've had a Dillon 650 for several years (I think I bought it in 2009-ish). I've had the 9mm dies and parts for almost as long and I'm just now getting around to actually using them :( I've also got a single stage rcbs rock chucker that I haven't had setup in forever.

This is my current setup:
IMG_0158.jpg

Do you guys know if any of the local ranges will sell brass? I've always assumed they probably have contracts with the large reloading places so I haven't asked.

gary78bronco

I've had a Dillon 650 for several years (I think I bought it in 2009-ish). I've had the 9mm dies and parts for almost as long and I'm just now getting around to actually using them :( I've also got a single stage rcbs rock chucker that I haven't had setup in forever.

This is my current setup:
View attachment 122910

Do you guys know if any of the local ranges will sell brass? I've always assumed they probably have contracts with the large reloading places so I haven't asked.
That's a nice set up. I just use my dads dillon 550b. I have shot at range masters in Springville before and they let you pick up brass off the floor. Not sure about any other ranges or how they operate.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped

When I was shooting out at Lee Kay the range master mentioned they sweep up the brass that wasn't picked up and used proceeds to help fund. I'm not sure if that's through Lee Kay or something on the side.

Caleb

Hmmm, you know, I've never asked I've always assumed you're not allowed to collect your brass. I'll have to ask next time I'm there in a couple days.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
My old man casts a few hundred pounds of lead every winter into bullets. I shoot a fair amount of those. I also shot some H&S and some Gallant group coated cast and they are ok too. I just got a line on 115 gr FMJ's for $75 per thousand. I might order another 6k of those if anyone is interested.