Repair or replace

DAA

So the steering stabilizer mount on my front axle is in pretty bad shape. Cracked all to heck.

untitled-3W-3.jpg

untitled-2W-2_1.jpg

Steering shock isn't exactly a critical component. I think I'd be okay with getting someone to help me weld it up - if it can be done on the Jeep.

But there is also one small crack in the track bar mount itself, on the bottom.

untitled-18W.jpg

What do y'all think? Repairable, in place? Or take the axle out and get the whole track bar bracket replaced?

And just to keep the fun going, rear upper control arm mount has a cracked weld, too.

untitled-13W_1.jpg

- DAA

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Kinda how I'm leaning. Take it out and get the control arm brackets too just on GP.

Haven't looked super hard, but thinking the Artec stuff. Any suggestions on other candidates welcomed.

- DAA
I haven't looked at TJ stuff for a while, but I'd lean toward Artec, and I'd be surprised if they didn't have the HD replacements for it.

Reactions: DAA

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
x2 for replacement HD parts. Having tore my JKU trackbar bracket off, while on the trail, I'd go for the upgrade and know that the new parts won't fall apart on you at the worst possible time.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
x2 for replacement HD parts. Having tore my JKU trackbar bracket off, while on the trail, I'd go for the upgrade and know that the new parts won't fall apart on you at the worst possible time.
It took forever to finish that trail! 😂

DAA

It took forever to finish that trail! 😂

Had my rear axle trackbar/upper control arm bracket tear off out by the Dollhouse last summer. That was a long day for a lot of people. Long couple of days, actually. May have been when that rear upper frame side bracket weld crack happened too, now that I think about it.

20200625_The%20Maze-1083W.jpg

And broke a weak front trackbar TRE in the bottom of Dark Canyon once. That was a long couple days for a few folks as well.

IMG_0557W.JPG

Yeah, I prolly ought to get some heavy duty replacements on there...

- DAA

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
when all my parts that your talking about broke on my LJ I had Carl built me heavy duty stuff. If you weld he can make the parts for you I'm sure.

Reactions: DAA

Pile of parts

JK axle swap, F & R with JK width and bolt pattern! Use a JK Tera 44 and stock JK 44 rear. Not simple or cheap, but a decent upgrade without going as far as Tons.
Look out... Ideas from Mr. Scope Creep himself. 😂 Ah, just go all the way. You already put the Atlas in. I put tons in when my tires wore out so why not for a few broken brackets.😜