Revolver shackles

MR.CJ-7

Your Realtor
Does anyone have any advice/experience running revolver shackles. I was thinking of getting a set for my CJ. Has anyone run them up front? Your $.02 worth would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
They SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hated them. I removed them after 1 use. I bent 2 mainleafs when they were on (even with a traction bar). I had them on the rear of my Bronco. Everytime I went down a steep drop, the rear would unload, shackles opened up at it felt like it was going to come over. I imagine the frt would do the same climbing.

They look neat on a ramp, but suck offroad.

Spend your money on some good springs or longer shocks/mnts, you will gain more usable travel.

JMHO

Marc

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
My thoughts exactally. I ran a Homemade Double Shackle setup, similar to the Revolver, but noiser. It unloaded on the steep stuff also. They would create so much wheel hop, my truck was more or less handicapped with them.

sukaB

Banned
Coilovers setup right will work soooooooooooooooooo
Much better............
Carefull who you chose!!!!!!???

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I made some back in the day. Ran em for a couple years. They got me through some trails that I would not have been able to do otherwise, but they also caused me to break a main leaf in the middle of Upper Helldorado. They are far from ideal, but they can be used as a bandaid fix. Check out the outtakes on the Hammer Down DVD for what can happern to em...

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
If yer look'n for articulation take those springs and flip em over to the top of teh axles. They seem to flex much better from up there for some reason.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
spring over and run away from double shackle revolver thingies. they are jsut ramp travel gimmicks that do more harm than good to your leafs!! RUN!!!!