Rhino at UROC

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
Are the Rhino guys serious? I thought that they were vendors trying to sell their rigs, not competing. How did they do on the rocks?

ajw.jpg

Caleb

from what I could see on the score sheets they are up there a ways on the points...like the last three :rofl:

I dont care what anyone says, those Rhinos are a joke...

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
I am on your side. They want $25K - $30K for them; they seem really tall for how narrow they are. I guess a last place finish at a uroc event will prove how worthy they are. :rofl: I just don't get why you would pay that much for one when you could buy 4-5 nice 4 wheelers for that price, and each one of them would be more capable than one of these. To each their own.

http://www.rhino-offroad.com

grinch

inner city redneck
Froms whats I done watched todays them there Rhinoes are the cats a$$.

No really thoah they are kind of ugly to look at dont seem to work to well compared to a normal unlimited buggy. But hay if you have 30,000 and want to toss it around be my guest.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
I noticed from pirate that they had their own sort of exhibition class going on. So I guess that the winner of the rhino class will kind of be like the tallest dwarf of the circus. :rofl:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I can't say I have ever been a huge fan of them... but they took a beating this weekend and still showed up some rigs. It was fun to have them competing as they literally rolled those things everywhere, but at the end of the day, they still worked great and they didn't even show any chassis damage? :D

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I was actually somewhat impressed with what they could do, and they sure did take a beating. Still, for the coin one of those things cost, I could build one sweet buggy.

Caleb

RockMonkey said:
I was actually somewhat impressed with what they could do, and they sure did take a beating. Still, for the coin one of those things cost, I could build one sweet buggy.

for what they cost you could HAVE a sweet buggy built (or freakin close to)

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I really like the concept but just not the execution. I dont like the silly monster truck inspired chassis design. It may be strong as hell but it still looks silly.

I would like to screw around with one as they have the honda car motor and the honda CRV transmission with the 9" axles. They spool or weld the diff in the transmission and make it full time 4wd. You would have to run driveline disconnects to do digs but how often do most people do a front dig in a recreational setting if they dont have to make it around a cone.

BronkoRob

i wasnt all that impressed with them but all i can say is that we mgiht be seeing a lot more of them at comp. i was down at RMR on saturday and they had some kid playing with one on the rocks at the end of the day and the guys were saying if you bought one of these things they would pay for your entrance and competition fees for the first year in UROC. i dont know what they are trying to accomplish here

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
BronkoRob said:
i wasnt all that impressed with them but all i can say is that we mgiht be seeing a lot more of them at comp. i was down at RMR on saturday and they had some kid playing with one on the rocks at the end of the day and the guys were saying if you bought one of these things they would pay for your entrance and competition fees for the first year in UROC. i dont know what they are trying to accomplish here

they are trying to sell the stinking things...it is called purchase incentive kind of like 0% apr on a new GMC or some other silly offer. They are taking an incredible risk trying to build and sell these things so they need to get a lot of them into the market to get the name out. Infortunately people aren't taking a revolutionary liking to them so they will probably be out of business is a year or so. They have been officially in business for about a year and a half so they are really needing to get their share of the market. Nobody else out there is really competing with them for a turnkey rig.

but...just because you dont have much competetion in your niche market...doesn't mean that there is a market!!

Ford Prefect

Supergper said:
from what I could see on the score sheets they are up there a ways on the points...like the last three :rofl:

I dont care what anyone says, those Rhinos are a joke...

Well, they do not actually expect them to WIN. They only wanted to show that they can work in that level. Trying to show that they are strong enough to be there. I figure that they were not too bad, good to desert type play, but I do not figure they were good for rocks. TOO high, and TOO narrow for how tall they are. They spent a lot of time on their sides. Then again, all of those drivers were relativly new to the concept of driving those rigs, and in those conditions.

Nice enough guys though.

Caleb

Ford Prefect said:
Well, they do not actually expect them to WIN. They only wanted to show that they can work in that level. Trying to show that they are strong enough to be there. I figure that they were not too bad, good to desert type play, but I do not figure they were good for rocks. TOO high, and TOO narrow for how tall they are. They spent a lot of time on their sides. Then again, all of those drivers were relativly new to the concept of driving those rigs, and in those conditions.

Nice enough guys though.

I understand that, however, just about anything can work in that level if all you expect it to do is come in last place. I still dont understand people that say they are decent for what you pay...I can have a real rig nearly completely built for what it costs for one of those pretend rigs. I know Schafers in Nevada have been offering a turn key diablo starting at $25K...$5K more in accessories and do dads and you could have a very nice rig for the same cost. (even at the base $25K I am sure its a very nice rig)...I bet if you spoke with some of the local shops they could beat that price...

BronkoRob

yeah i saw the price tag too. they are pretty proud of this thing. i heard a lot of people saying you get a lot for what you pay??!! i couldnt figure out where they got 20-25k hiding in these things. id rather buy a half way decent truck for 2-5k and dump the remaining 20k into that and have something thats a hell of a lot more fun. but what do i know, its not my 20 grand going into the toilet.